Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early adopters beware of Cubase 5/PA2Xpro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKSimon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Early adopters beware of Cubase 5/PA2Xpro Reply with quote

I've found a rather nasty bug in C5. The application won't launch if my Korg PA2xpro is connected via USB. Everytime the Korg is powered on and I then start C5, it crashes with an error signature of "Modname d52asio.dll Modver 2.1.0.0. Offset 0000397b.

This is repeatable ever time. If I remove the Korg USB, then C5 starts normally. This problem never existed with C4 and SX3 which I still use. I've reinstalled C5 and the Korg usb midi driver but the result is always the same. The workaround is that I will have to resort to using midi cables again until it's fixed. I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem with Korg but I thought I'd just make you guys aware.

Cheers

Simon
asafar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this on Mac or PC?
UKSimon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC on XP service pack 2
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then i'd have to give up on my PA800.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the "fault" may be a problem or interaction with the Korg MIDI over USB driver. I think there is a Microsoft MIDI over USB driver that is more stable.

Regards,
Rob
UKSimon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Do you have any further info on the Microsoft Midi USB driver? I've searched the Microsoft downloads but can't find anything listed.

Cheers
Simon
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Microsoft USb MIDI driver is a standard supported feature and if you plug the kcable in to your keyboard and the keyboard is generating MIDI clocks, then the USB driver should install automatically.

However with Windoze's ubiquity there are always "gotchas", and the thread below reveals that many people have been struggling, and there is a registry hack that seems to solve one particular issue prevalent on Core 2 Duo machines:

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-device-drivers/577567.htm

The funny thing is that I have a Core 2 Duo desktop machine running the Microsoft USB Midi driver with no problems and my M3 on the other end. I never had to do any registry hacks. I de-installed the Korg USB MIDI driver after I experienced a number of crashes reporting a problem with that device driver, and the Microsoft one was auto-installed in its place as soon as I plugged the M3 into the other end of the cable (with MIDI clock master on the M3).

Best regards,
Rob
UKSimon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

You're a star. By using the windows Midi USB driver, Cubase 5 starts fine and there are no issues.
I didn't need to go editing the registry as the Microsoft driver worked first time.

Many thanks for you help (as always)

Cheers

Simon
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

I'm glad it worked for you. Like I said, I encountered many stability issues in the Korg MIDI over USB driver. I don't know why they confuse everyone with their own version when the Microsoft one works so well.

Best regards,
Rob
UKSimon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

It didn't help because i didn't even know Microsoft had a native Midi USB driver that would work with the PA series. I thought it was a bit to specialized for Microsoft. But you live and learn.

It's not often Microsoft come to the rescue over the OEMs Smile

Cheers

Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: