Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some clips of my choirs performances

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: some clips of my choirs performances Reply with quote

i promised some time ago to post up some of the music that i have done on the Korg PA1X and just to show how i use the keyboard. I am not a professsional. I just love to play and use my abilities to worship God. Those of you that might be offended in any way by religious music just avoid this thread. No offence intended. This was all recorded at the Camphill SDA Church Birmingham UK. If you are passing by just ask for Worth. so here goes...

First one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mLQZvvLtnGI&feature=channel

This was a song that i sequenced from scratch using the PA1X sequencer. I was given the song to listen to (not one of my own songs) and then provide a backing track for our Senior Youth Choir ( can you have 'Senior Youth '???) as often happens . I had about 1 hour to produce the track as they had lost their original backing track CDCD ! so this was done in a hurry. I recorded the bass , drums and keys individually. No chance to edit or anything so it is what it is but it turned out ok i think.

Second one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aVU4lzgf5f4&feature=channel

This is my favourite choir ! The kids are real cute and fun to work with....most of the time >Smile. My daughter sings in this choir so they are the ones i work most with but i actuallly provide service to 3 choirs.This is a song that i played live on the day in arranger style. The entire style was created from scratch and was fun to do. What you are hearing is the PA1X without any amplification (everything is coming from the internal speakers ) and we are performing infront of an audience of about 500 people. The song is called Praise is What I Do

Last one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnGyIf0ozQ&feature=channel

This one ismy favourite clip as it shows what we tend to do most when the church services are over and we have a room mostly to ourselves , i kick back with whoever wants to join me and we just Jam till very late !! This clip has all the fluffs and duff notes that you must expect from guys just jamming so please no nasty comments !! If you look clsoely you will see that the saxophonist (My good friend Bob) has swollen cheeks and is suffering in pain as he had an abcess in his Jaw and could not see a dentist till monday...this occured Saturday evening and he was drugged up to the eyeballs (legitimate drugs before Diki pipes in Smile) so he did his best. I am playing the PA1x. I am using a jazz style. As i had a bass player that night, i dropped out the bass in the arrangement and simply had the drums and some strings in the arrangement whilst i played piano. My brother did the recoding on his hand held camera for all the clips you have seen here. WE recorded about two hours worth of footage last night and i may put some more clips up of that depending on time. I may post some more of my stuff another day. I am toying with the idea of putting up some tutorial clips so that viewers can see in detail the PA1X/2X can be programmed both in normal workstation use and in style production as i know some people might be interste but we will see.

Anyway i hope you get the picture as to why i love this instrument so much.

Last edited by worth on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
milo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth,

Good job. Smile

Just want to tell you that the last two links are the same Smile
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that Milo. Just edited it. You should now have the third clip
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome - love it Applause Applause

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
calaf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight, Worth.

Really enjoyed the clips, with the jam my favourite.

More often than not it's me and the schoolkids, so to hear your younger voices was great.

Apart from an occasional flautist, I don't get that sort of opportunity to join with bass and sax!

Look forward to more!

All best
Chris
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth,
Its really nice to see and hear some of our forum members in action. Great to see the Korg being put to such good use in very capable hands.
More please! - When is the Sydney tour?
Blessings,
John
robertocarlo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: hi worth Reply with quote

hi worth ....good job ..very nice Laughing (great sound and choir .. blessings
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks robert. I may post up some more in a week or two .
chrisdance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth,
I thought the choirs were great and just loved the Sax with the Korg and guitarist.
Thank you.
Chris.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a really nice bunch of musicians at church. Each week it could be a different bunch so the experience is always fresh and cool. i will definately record some more and post them up as soon as i am able
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: