Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motherboard blown!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ethan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Motherboard blown! Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I really need help! My Korg Pa1X's motherboard was blown when I plugged in cable to the speaker. Does anyone know where I can find the parts or where I can buy the parts for Pa1X Pro? I tried looking for it online but cannot find the parts. PLEASE HELP! Thank you guys!!!
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a blown motherboard then you'll have to either buy another keyboard or order a new motherboard in from your nearest Korg repairer.
Both are going to be expensive options. Maybe its just a blown fuse or power supply??
milo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethan how you are so shure that it is the motherboard??

And does your pa don't work at all?
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethan,

Exactly which cable did you plug into which socket?

Did you plug the output from a PA into the L/R output socket of the Pa1x?

If so it will not be the motherboard on the Pa1x that has blown. The motherboard costs about $600 to replace.

I think it will be a much cheaper board called the audio I/O board which should cost about $200.

Best regards,
Rob
chrisdance

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethan. If you are located in UK contact Korg at Milton Keynes. I found the guys there very helpful. If you can get the keyboard to them they can fix it.
They fitted a new board to my Pa1X.
The contact phone number for Korg UK is in the book.
Ethan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone,
You guys are right. it is not the motherboard but the I/O board Smile. I just bought the part today. I have another concern. This is what happened: When I first plugged in the speaker line, it sparked then I got scared and turned everything off. I waited for about 2-5 minutes then plugged the power back to see if the keyboard still works. So I turned the power on and the LCD turned on a blank lit screen for about 10 seconds then it completely shut off. Then I saw smoke coming out from the power socket in the keyboard. The power chord also sparked when I put it into the keyboard the second time.
Could it be more than just a blowout of the I/O board? If it's just the I/O board then my friend could replace for me but with smoke coming out of the power, I'm not so sure. Thanks so much for your guys' help.
Ethan
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethan,

What did you do to damage your keyboard? Did you plug the output from a power amplifier into the L+R output of your Pa1x?

As well as the IO board blowing it sounds like the PSU has blown as well.

Why are you trying to fix it yourself? Why not return the whole thing to a Korg repair center and let them test everything and then give you a quote?

It might be beyone economic repair.

Best regards,
Rob
chrisdance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Rob. I think it is a Korg job. Ethan, you may fix one problem and then there could be another. When my Korg failed it took Korg guys 3 separate attempts to solve the problem. In the end they changed the main board. I never did find out what caused mine to fail.
jim parkin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethan wrote:
hi everyone,
You guys are right. it is not the motherboard but the I/O board Smile. I just bought the part today. I have another concern. This is what happened: When I first plugged in the speaker line, it sparked then I got scared and turned everything off. I waited for about 2-5 minutes then plugged the power back to see if the keyboard still works. So I turned the power on and the LCD turned on a blank lit screen for about 10 seconds then it completely shut off. Then I saw smoke coming out from the power socket in the keyboard. The power chord also sparked when I put it into the keyboard the second time.
Could it be more than just a blowout of the I/O board? If it's just the I/O board then my friend could replace for me but with smoke coming out of the power, I'm not so sure. Thanks so much for your guys' help.
Ethan
WHAT did you do???what did you plug in to the pa1x??jim/p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: