Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OASYS Assault is now available.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mozartella

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know if that could be feasable in the near futur, like...
buying Assault and Karo and perhaps some others, then, I do feel, all of us do not have the same taste for sounds, perhaps, a lithhe of that a litle of this, but, if we need to load Karo, and Assault, if I do get it right, we can't at the same time because not enough memory....

Could it be possible, to choose or mount, some sounds from say Assault, and some sounds from Karo, and some say sampled Piano from Korg save them into a new folder, or a new bank and use all of them at the same time?

thanks
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could it be possible, to choose or mount, some sounds from say Assault, and some sounds from Karo, and some say sampled Piano from Korg save them into a new folder, or a new bank and use all of them at the same time?

Yes, by using the Append Feature you can merge libraries together and only leave in memory the sounds that you will use. This is a basic feature that all KORG keyboards have.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
mozartella

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Quote:

Yes, by using the Append Feature you can merge libraries together and only leave in memory the sounds that you will use. This is a basic feature that all KORG keyboards have.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.

YES, yes, this is very good news, I learn something again ,and thanks, now, the most difficult part is how to catch some $$ badly needed
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp, your package arrived today - and I'm eager to play around with it! Thanx for the quick delivery!! Cool
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie wrote:
Sharp, your package arrived today - and I'm eager to play around with it! Thanx for the quick delivery!! Cool

Excellent...!!!!

Hope you enjoy the new sounds.

Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
YES, yes, this is very good news, I learn something again ,and thanks, now, the most difficult part is how to catch some $$ badly needed

If I get the chance, I'll put together a tutorial with images showing how to merge sample libraries together.

Regards.
Sharp.
Macca

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - what incredible stuff. Wish I'd kept my Oasys if I'd known !!!!

At least I've still got vocal assault on my PA1-X Pro, as part of the PA!X/ Sharp project. This as I've said many times on the forums is a masterpiece of a work and I'm glad Oasys folk have access (and then some).

I am always in awe of James ability with sampling and programming - he is undoubtedly one of the best in the business.

Right - now back to listening to those snippets!!

Macca
mozartella

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:

Right - now back to listening to those snippets!!

Macca

snippets....? are you meaning snap-pets? if they are pets, they are wonderfull, I would love to have all of them into my BarnumOasysCirca_Circus, it would make a wonderfull Sharpsanimalsymphonic, new era of sounds...Just looking and digging some old pockets of mine, perhaps, would find an old Canadian loonie, maybe some more...

Anyway Sharp, and by the way, first time I did listen to your nice free CD, on your site, and maybe this was made in 2007, but, I am curious now, witch either samplers, synths, or softwares you used to make your music? it goes right to my heart, and your music, is just for the Peace, Christmas could bring to humans, if IF they could truly open their mind....

Also, you idea to make a tutorial on how to save some sample from one company and from an other company would be very nice in deed.

Also, using still a PA1Xpro, but, never bought any sound software for it, the Assault package could not be used for the Oasys and the PA1Xpro, I suppose not....

Thanks you dear Sharp Wink
Arend Groot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sharp for the fantastic dvd, just received it! But I will take some time to play around with it. First impression is very good. The vocals, WOW. Beautiful pads, very smooth and programmed very good. It feels like a new Oasys. And with the samples I can program lots of my own sounds Very Happy

One question: I can't load any of the exs's at the same time. I expected that I could load exs1 but I receive a memory overflow message. With exs1 loaded I can load your dvd till multisample no 139. Is this how it works?

Oasys 88 #324:EXs 3, LAC1, MOD-7,KARO strings, Granular, 5 Piano set, Assault
WAVEDRUM
mozartella

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arend Groot wrote:
It feels like a new Oasys. And with the samples I can program lots of my own sounds Very Happy

One question: I can't load any of the exs's at the same time. I expected that I could load exs1 but I receive a memory overflow message. With exs1 loaded I can load your dvd till multisample no 139. Is this how it works?

And with the samples I can program lots of my own sounds

sorry Arend but, what do you mean with your sentence??
Arend Groot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arend Groot wrote:

And with the samples I can program lots of my own sounds

sorry Arend but, what do you mean with your sentence??

I mean that you can use the new multisamples in your own programs. Although the Programs of Sharp are very well programmed, I like to edit my own also Wink .

Oasys 88 #324:EXs 3, LAC1, MOD-7,KARO strings, Granular, 5 Piano set, Assault
WAVEDRUM
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sharp: finally I've made it to my Oasys and can play with my new Assault sounds!! Twisted Evil
First impressions - just a list of thoughts while playing from 0 to 126: lot's of beautiful choirs and pads, Enigma, quite different volume-levels (esp. some of the Karma-GEs seem to make it a lot louder), great motion synths, Schmuse-Sounds (sorry - got no translation for this), most of the sounds should fit nicely into the mix, tons of multisamples to work with, not the "usual" Oasys-side, "happy" pads, pianos are somehow damped, cool Matrix Bass, nice wavesequs, inspirational music, romance, beautiful FM-Pianos, mystique sounds, unusual flute sounds, crystal clear bell sounds, warm analog pads, who is Mike and what are the guys doing in the garage, Splat is cool, good choice of Karma effects, "soft" dance, tasty pad programming, great space sounds, I like these celtic synth arpeggios, pads-pads-pads - I want more! Cool

Sharp, I like it - thanx for spending all the time creating this collection. It's worth every Euro! And I'm quite happy that - esp. while we don't hear anything from Korg & Co. - you and Karo and others like RC or PMM keep comming up with new stuff for my beloved monster! Very Happy
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Wavestation Evolution, Reply with quote

Wow....that's deep. Really like that one and a bunch of others... Celtic synth 1, Twinkle Little Star, sweet.... waiting to download others on slow dial up out in the bonnies.... This is what I would have to call proper oscillation calibration for taking people places never before heard of. Good work.

John^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: