Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using instrument input in a live setting..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quicksilverp3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Using instrument input in a live setting.. Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've been wondering. Rather than forking over the extra money and time in getting a dedicated effects unit for a mono synth, has anyone had any experience with utilizing the input on the Extreme as an effects processor live?

I notice that the volume needs to be watched carefully as it seems to clip easier despite being on the same volume as the internal sounds.
Dr.InnoVation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Using instrument input in a live setting.. Reply with quote

quicksilverp3 wrote:
Hey guys,

I've been wondering. Rather than forking over the extra money and time in getting a dedicated effects unit for a mono synth, has anyone had any experience with utilizing the input on the Extreme as an effects processor live?

I notice that the volume needs to be watched carefully as it seems to clip easier despite being on the same volume as the internal sounds.

I haven't done this yet but the effects are SO awesome within the Extreme I feel they would be invaluable when applied to other instruments. From what I gather it is as simple as inserting the line input, adjusting the gain and applying effects.

GL
SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868853
quicksilverp3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm wondering though because it seems that everytime I try connecting to the input, some patches on my Micron are louder than others and it causes clipping.

It's really hard to control and I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. If I adjust it to the point that there'll be no clipping, then the volume is much lower on the Micron than the sounds on the Extreme.
Dr.InnoVation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quicksilverp3 wrote:
Yeah, I'm wondering though because it seems that everytime I try connecting to the input, some patches on my Micron are louder than others and it causes clipping.

It's really hard to control and I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. If I adjust it to the point that there'll be no clipping, then the volume is much lower on the Micron than the sounds on the Extreme.

From my experience I agree...Sometimes the volume lever isn't exactly, well exact. Have you tried routing the Tube, just for a gain effect on some of the lower volume patches?
SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868853
muzikman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i use the Tritons effects via line input. Not live, but in my studio set up. I route my Roland Juno 106 thru the line inputs. it makes a great effect unit, as well as instant sampling when inspiration hits me, and also recording the Juno to the extreme CF card.

I agree about the volume levels varying a lot from patch to patch... but you could assign a volume setting on the other instrument and save that as a preset?? a cheap fix, but it should work. At least you will get consistent volume levels.

Wink
Zurechial

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a reply here about using the Triton for FX-processing that may of interest:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=256130#256130
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: