Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to do when you're sick of your song
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youthinasia888
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grown men crying...wah wah!

Youth In Asia

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=193802

Taiwan National Scoliosis Foundation at Myspace.com
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=103748843
cowtothesky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT POST

I have a comical situation. I have grown sick of some of my own songs because, as most of you do, I played the hell out of them after I burned it to CD.

But, my 5 year old son absolutely loves my material and pretty much forces me to play it when he is in the car, which is A LOT. He knows every word and hums even the 7/4 and 5/4 time signature stuff LOL. Future musician I am sure. But, I guess it is similar to being famous and going on tour playing the same crowd favorites for 20 years.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled that he enjoys my music, but damn.. LOL
paul_courville

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: What to do? Reply with quote

mikee72 wrote:
What to do when you're sick of your song...

Well, you could do what I do and just keep starting a new song so that you have 30 or 40 that never get finished!

Jesus, can't I relate to this?
I've got tons of unfinished songs.
The closer I get... the easier I'm distracted and the more I willing to be drawn away to start yet another one...
Nythiul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What to do? Reply with quote

paul_courville wrote:
mikee72 wrote:

Well, you could do what I do and just keep starting a new song so that you have 30 or 40 that never get finished!

Jesus, can't I relate to this?
I've got tons of unfinished songs.
The closer I get... the easier I'm distracted and the more I willing to be drawn away to start yet another one...

I'm guilty of this too.
I'll have song fragments sitting around for years. Every now and then, I'll go back and play with them. Sometimes they reinvent themselves and other times I can finish them up as they were meant to be, but mostly...yeah, they sit around and rot. Laughing

http://www.myspace.com/thenighteternal
http://cdbaby.com/cd/nighteternal
Jim_L

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, burn to re-writable cd from my dedicated recording deck (Korg D3200), put on computer, listen, erase disk, reburn a new mix, repeat. I used to go through a lot cd's and eventually toss a few but still have stacks with only one tune on each until I smartened up and started using a rewritable.

i mainly use cans for all my mixing but occasionally I'll use my big ghetto blaster I bought or sometimes my home theater system and the car stereo, but mainly it's all cans.

I don't use computers for recording so it's a small pain to walk back & forth between the spare bedroom (studio) & the living room where the computer is. I also find that when i rip the cd to the computer (media player set to rip as mp3) it almost seems like it slightly 'brightens' as well as 'compresses/evens out' the tune...?

As for being tired... only during the first few days of working on the same tune, then I usually listen to it until I can't hear myself think, then drop it for a few days & come back. As with everyone else it seems, I've tons of tune snippets recorded when the muse hits but never seem to get back to them, there's always new stuff trying to get out.
-Jim 'can't find a damn keyboard player in NH!' Lassiter
The Claw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee72 wrote:

I tend to do that a bit, but not because I get sick of the song. It's more that I get sick of myself not being able to make it any better. I've been composing stuff for about 4 years but it's only been this year that has been anything on a serious level and because I've only been really looking into the professional side of making music very recently I'm quite n00bish and I'm very hard on myself so any help would be much appreciated.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think it's great that you're hard on yourself, meaning (I assume) that you have high expectations for your tunes to be of the best quality, it is just as important that you persevere thru the fears and doubts in yourself that come when you hit snags in the process. As many songs as I've completed, I still doubt myself at times and feel that there are no more good songs in me, or that I'm running dry creatively. I can't let this stop me, as I've grown to realize it's a natural phase in my own songwriting process. While it can be prudent to leave a song for a few days, it's just as important to pick it back up and 'keep on believing' that I will be able to get something done that's good and that others will enjoy. Some of my best songs I almost gave up on until I finally figured out what wasn't working and got it to come together.
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Song writing - Lyrics & Collaboration All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: