Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposal - User Community Funding for New Features
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to join the requirements group on a subscription basis of 100 Euros per year?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 22 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 47

Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Macboy,

These are all very good points. Let's agree a proposal that we will collectively put in writing to Korg, and then see what response we get? I know nothing about Korg's position on this yet.

Best regards,
Rob
macboy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob. My English is not my prior language, so I think someone else should make the letter.

However, the letter should be build something like this:

1. Addressed to the right person at Korg, maybe multiple letters but then in the address we should mention both or all addresses send, so that the receiver knows that we have send it to multible addresses (e.g. Korg Italy, Korg Japan, Korg USA).

2. Start with stating that this letter is send on behalf of the Korg forum, mentioning the internetadress. State how long this forum exist, how many users are registered, how many topics are there.

3. We have to state that this forum is also visited by some people from Korg (trammamoni etc etc here mention all names of known posters who work for Korg). So that Korg can contact them to ask if they know the forum and to "check" our story. Explain also that there is an M3 section and mention the Korg workers who visit the site and say that we want to ambition the same working-level with them.

4. State that we are happy with Korg adding updates, but mention that the Korg user group may require some more specifically updates, containing certain solutions, new styles, new sounds or other new ideas and outlines.

5. Thus making it possible for us to discuss and dialogue with Korg about certain requirements. This is also easy for Korg, because they can check with our requirements forum if the updates they are planning are interested or not. They can ask us: we want to add this feature, is it necessary or does no one want it?

6. Also, this would mean that our forum would be willing to test these updates for Korg as alpha or beta testers. We have to explain and prove that our users are professional users using the Korg to its end, reassuring that what we state is true (not "major bug" stories due to lack of knowledge).

7. We have to explain here that we intend a group where decision will be taken democraticaly thus assuring that it is not an individual request but on behalf of all Korg users.

8. Make it possible to Korg for our group to combine all known relevant bugs so that it is easier to log them and to find a solution.

9. Stating that for all big changes (such as adding certain bonusware which Korg is not interested in, because lack of profit (however, all updates are lack of profit for Korg)) we are willing to pay a fund per user if necessary. Of course this will not count for the bug fixes, but for certain wishes Korg is not interested in, but the group is.

10. Ask Korg to set out what they think of this proposition. It is open for discussion and the letter has to be considered as a bridge between us (the users) and Korg.

11. Thank Korg in advance for everything they have don so far and end with the remark that we hope that future coöperation will bring even better operating systems/machines to the market.

Something like this ? I am just outlining some points from which I think are important and how the letter should be build. Of course no points numbered 1/2/3 Wink
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks good. Can anyone here write this in Japanese?
macboy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course just in English. Korg is international and all of its instruments are English, so of course the letter should be English. If you write in Japanese, you will get a Japanese letter back Smile

All the programming is done in English and those are the people we need to reach: the programmers.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I believe the programmers are very willing but the issue is one of funding which is decided by the Japanese HQ.
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now thinking the answer is to charge a small amount to each one WANTING the new features in PA series rather than see if we can come up with enough $$ with our small group here.

All Korg has to do is ASK US about this... a novel idea???

If hundreds if not thouands of people paid $100 for a upgrade look at the $$ KOrg would get!

It sure is better than buying a new Yamaha every 2 years to get the new stuff....

I know Korg has not charged for upgrades in the past, but if funding is not there...maybe it's time for a change of direction...

I'm not saying this thread is not a good approach at all...just seems like we could not come up with enough $$ for Korg Japan???

Lee
macboy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's why we just need to send the letter to find out Smile
greenkidd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Actually I believe the programmers are very willing but the issue is one of funding which is decided by the Japanese HQ.

Rob

I am all for this. I pay roughly $200 a year "subscription" to Cakewalk for it's Sonar product and have been doing so for years. Would I pay similar to have Korg continue to develop it's OS for a product I love to use?

Yes, absolutely.

thanks for asking!
Brian
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be hapy if KORG can offer a collection of samples styles new os and more for a BUCK!
Yes ,,, absolutley count me on this, I pay!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
jckeeys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will gladly pay!! If it will bring improvements and new styles to the PA2x!! It's a "No Brainer"!!
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say that I have sent a request to Korg to request that a response is published to the suggestions in this thread. I said in my email ...

"I write on behalf of the Korg Forums user community. There is now considerable support for paid updates to the OS and MR for the Pa2x/ Pa800. The user community will pay for new releases if we can be consulted in the requirements process. We would like to take part in setting the priorities of the things that will help us the most. Please see this thread. Could you please send a response that I can publish on the forum site, or could Paolo post a direct response from Korg?"
I hope this is OK with everyone here, and we will see what happens.

P.S. I can not disclose the name or email addresses of my correspondents in Korg because I agreed to keep those details confidential.
Bill Komotini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a pa2 yet,but i will soon....
Rob I think that it covers all!
Regards Bill
AVI6520

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Just to say that I have sent a request to Korg to request that a response is published to the suggestions in this thread. I said in my email ...

"I write on behalf of the Korg Forums user community. There is now considerable support for paid updates to the OS and MR for the Pa2x/ Pa800. The user community will pay for new releases if we can be consulted in the requirements process. We would like to take part in setting the priorities of the things that will help us the most. Please see this thread. Could you please send a response that I can publish on the forum site, or could Paolo post a direct response from Korg?"
I hope this is OK with everyone here, and we will see what happens.

P.S. I can not disclose the name or email addresses of my correspondents in Korg because I agreed to keep those details confidential.

YES ROB! Razz

I think too, that it is the preferred way for us [the EMAIL...], and thank you for this wonderful post and for the EMAIL.
For me it is more sensible to pay for OS that I can see what there is inside it, and not to commit to pay every year with out to know if everything that I need and suggest will be there.

But to tell the true- I think it will be very bad for KORG to lose there advantage on other companies, by stopping to give it free.

I see all the time that people stop updating there expensive programs, and just wait to the time to have a new program that all ready have all the things they need, from the time that they will buy it.
And like that with the KB, for what to be marry to a company that will "milk you" for updating, and will make all the deal at the end so expensive, if there is other way for them-to be free to use the "OLD" BK, as long that they can, and only at the time that a new KB will came to the market, that have all there needs, from the beginning, then they will have it, with out to be a afraid from a "milk update" to there money.

This is like ROLAND that I so hate, there is nothing for free, and every good thing that you want to add, is so expensive, that it take from you all the desire to have it.
[I left there KB, and have only the V-DRUMS, because that only with there V-DRUMS I know from the beginning that I will have all what I need with it, and will not need any relation with them after the purchase …]

I think that KORG are working smart with there way, the psychology with there customer is better then other companies, but they need to see how to keep there KB to be easy to use, and not only to have all the abilities of the competitor KB,

KORG need to have an advantage on the competitor, and not only to be equal.

I see a lot of times people in the shop that agree that KORG are the best, but they do not move to KORG, because, that there YAMAHA, for them is easy to use… and I'm speaking on professional people!

It is not enough to make a smart program\KB that have all the abilities,
It is needed to be easy to learn and to use with out long complicated procedures.
The program needs to work in easy way for all kind of musician\users; if you want that the professional people will choose it for work.

KORG can do it, and doing it, but if it will start to be a "milk update", with a long time till you have it, and you can not have all you will need, it is useless.

I think that the customer just will see if the KB is good for him, before he will buy it, and will start to think on other companies, because, psychological with "milk update" with money, KORG are not offer to him in the future, more then other companies. The future can bring a new KB from other company with every thing inside…
That is the world and that is the competition of the companies…

It's just my opinion, from my experience in the market.

Last edited by AVI6520 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think KORG will hear us, especially when it comes to New Styles.
We have to do it on our own, there is few of us in here that can be as a
Third Party Developer, including me, we should start, do something and
for a Fact i know it will be better then KORG doing it, as they always do,
they will do just Styles, not something that we really need. If we create
something on our own as a Third Party Developer it will be way different,
User at least would have the chance to request a style.
Someone should start a thread with requests of styles, just naming
certain songs and then we'll review it and take it from there, i know it is
something that will work and everyone will be satisfied. We'll kind a vote
on 16 or 20 Styles or whatever, use certain songs as basis, IntroEndless
styles that can be used as universal beats and we'll take it from there.
The good think about it is that the Styles can be created even on a Sampled
Material, as Drums, Guitars and Basses which will be way better then what we have.
AVI6520

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI NEDIM- Laughing

I still do need the explanation with the VOCODER, I think that you mist my replay to you there,

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36438

Can you help me, please?

By the way-the photograph is nice and the hat too…. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: