Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hi new member

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidballroom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: hi new member Reply with quote

hi there everyone.

I am a PA1x owner from brighton in the uk.

i don't know if there is anyone out there doing what I do with the keyboard, but would love to know if there is.

I am a classical concert pianist by profession, but due to a severe car accident some years ago giving concerts on a real piano is too strenuous for the wrists. So now I use a combination of roland digital piano (sometimes Korg) plus the Pa1x.

What I do now is receate complete piano concertos by Mozart and Beethoven using the Pa1x mainly for it's orchestral sounds which i might add are fab! then i will play the piano part live over the top. although this can be very time consuming it seems to be going down very well with my audiences....... I also play popular stuff as well ranging from abba to lloyd Webber, show tunes, ragtime, jazz etc, but what seems to be catching on is the classical arrangments!

I don'tthink people can believe that an entire orchestra can be recreated with patience.

for example at my last concert which was just out side brighton in south east Uk was the mozart Sonata for 2 pianos in D KV488, i recorded one piano part in on the korg andthen played the other digital piano live.....but to be even more cheeky I scored in my own arrangment of strings etc (how could I dare to add to a mozart piecethat was just for 2 pianos? well why not! it sounded great and i did get a standing ovation so must have gone well.

Is there anyone else doing this sort of thing??? let me know Cheers. David
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David and welcome to KF.

We have been a bit slack in welcoming new members (not intentional!!)

PA1X is a great instrument (I have one). Hope you find lots of great stuff here.

Sounds like you are doing some very interesting gigs!!!

Take care

Pete Very Happy
(Say "Hi" to Brighton for me - haven't been there for too many years!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: