Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling Styles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalian87

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Selling Styles Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I was wondering. A lot of people have been emailing me lately about sharing my styles that i've been creating. The problem is, if i keep giving them away I feel im not getting anything out of it. Dont get me wrong, I love helping you guys make your Keyboards sound great.

Please help me here. What would you be willing to pay for my styles, if anything! Lol

By the way I wouldn't just hand you over the style and that's it. There would be detailed info about how to play it and what exact chords I used to make them sound like they do.

Also how would i go about it?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Regards,
Sal
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal,

Probably price a set of styles about the same as a commercial MIDI file? Maybe offer the styles via a web site with download automatically enabled after payment via PAYPAL. Chris Whitehead is doing something similar. You might wanna PM him - musician2000
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal, your styles are worth a fortune my friend. I guess I am no help in determining the cost for your talent in this matter. Laughing
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al and Sal,

Sal's styles are worth half a fortune. It takes Al's vocals to make them worth a fortune Smile
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very True Rob, Very true! Cool
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You guys are too much. Cool This guy (Salvatore) is so good I am seriously considering the the CD Rob and others have suggested. Why not? I just would not know how to pull off something big like this. Sal in the U.K. and I in the U.S.A. What are your thoughts on this Sal? Certainly the task is greater than me singing over 128-320 bit rate tracks. Or is it? What are your thoughts Rob? You have been the architect and motivating force of many wonderful ventures. How can this be done wherein all benefit? To me Sal is a dream come true. Cool

By the way mates, if you have not had a chance to listen to our collaboration of "Kingston Town". I love Sal's crisp tracks. copy and paste the address and click:

http://www.createsongstyles.com/index.php/component/option,com_musicbox/Itemid,55/catid,32/id,54/task,view/
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorilla wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You guys are too much. Cool This guy (Salvatore) is so good I am seriously considering the the CD Rob and others have suggested. Why not? I just would not know how to pull off something big like this. Sal in the U.K. and I in the U.S.A. What are your thoughts on this Sal? Certainly the task is greater than me singing over 128-320 bit rate tracks. Or is it? What are your thoughts Rob? You have been the architect and motivating force of many wonderful ventures. How can this be done wherein all benefit? To me Sal is a dream come true. Cool

By the way mates, if you have not had a chance to listen to our collaboration of "Kingston Town". I love Sal's crisp tracks. copy and paste the address and click:

http://www.createsongstyles.com/index.php/component/option,com_musicbox/Itemid,55/catid,32/id,54/task,view/

Yep you are correct that MP3 would not be good enough. For recording the vocals you and Sal would each need a small high quality digital mixer/ recorder which ideally can burn CD's. Maybe something like the Zoom HD16 costing about $600. Sal would record the keyboard tracks to the HD recorder first, ideally keeping DRUM/PERC on a separate track from the harmonies and lead. Sal would burn a CD and send it to Al. Al would load the CD to the HD on the HD16, set in playback mode and would overdub record the vocals. Al could also route the MIC via the Pa2x if you want to use the EFX unit from the Pa2x for some reverb on your vocals. Al would burn nother CD and send it back to Sal. Sal would then overdub record any final solos in the gaps between vocals (if necessary). There are several PC based software packages that will do audio mastering for CD's with indexes etc. I suggest you ask MickB to help with this since he's mastered hundreds ofprofessional CD's.

Have courage to do this!! Your combined talent is easily professional quality and you will only need to meet face to face when your fans demand you put on your first world tour Smile

Youi can produce your first CD's yourselves, small run of maybe 500 for each album, which will cost you about $4 per CD to produce, then promote them at say $10 each via the internet using word of mouth from forums such as this. Start small, get a loyal following, do it several times to establish a "track record" (pun intended) and recover your outlay, then the big commercial deals will follow.

MickB can also help with the copyright licensing side of it if you record music written by other people. There is no problem doing this. You just pay a small percentage of the selling price of each CD to the AMA or whatever, and everyone is happy.
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, thanks for your speedy response as always. Regarding the HD Recorder, I own the Korg 16XD. In fact, Sal and I own Cubase SX. I believe it is up to doing the task. Is this sufficient for the task? In regards to the PAX, I own the Pa1X not the Pa2X. With a little direction we can pull this off. I'll wait for Sal to give me a word. Smile
chrisdance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the CD production does take place. I would purchase it as would many others.
Chris.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal and Al,

Suggest you send a PM to MickB (Mick Barry) to ask for some advice from him about tools and final stage mixing. Ask him what tools he uses? Like I said he does it all the time. I don't know the capabilities of Cubase SX regarding pro quality CD preparation.
Gorilla
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, is Mike B a member of Korg Forums? if not do you have his direct address?
Mickb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorilla wrote:

Hi Al

Yes i'm a member of korgforums Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I already offered you any help you needed in anothere thread somewhere anytime you need help just shout!!! Smile

Mick

www.palibrarian.net
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickb wrote:
Gorilla wrote:

Hi Al

Yes i'm a member of korgforums Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I already offered you any help you needed in anothere thread somewhere anytime you need help just shout!!! Smile
Hi Mick,

Probably at the time Al and Sal did not realise you had your own record label Smile

Hi Al and Sal,

In case you have not made the connection, Mick Barry is the same Mick Barry who is co-producer of the Arranger Secrets DVD's. And who is developing the XRM and PRM software at the moment.

And is also the heaviest drinker of "Guiness" on this forum Smile
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

This is great. I would love to do this. In terms of equipment, I dont have the greatest recording tools around! Lol.

The problem is my SPDIF doesnt work on my keyboard for some reason so i cant get the best quality sound out of it. I need to get it serviced!

Mick,
Thanks for offering you help.

What would you suggest we do?

Sal
Mickb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal,

if you want to email or PM me then the three of us could discuss the logistics of getting this going Smile

Mick

www.palibrarian.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: