Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity + Trinity RACK poliphony and Audio Drop Out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syntony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Trinity + Trinity RACK poliphony and Audio Drop Out Reply with quote

Hi guys,

i'm very happy to enjoy to this mighty forum.

I've got a lot of questions about my wonderfull Trinity 61 Key and my new entry Trinity RACK.

First QUESTION:

Does it possibile to use the ODD/EVEN setting , that normally it's possible to set when I use two TRINITY key, beetween my TRINITY key and my Trinity RACK to increase the poliphony?

Second QUESTION:

Does it possible to sort out the AUDIO drop out during PROGRAM or COBINATION change? i'll glad to maintain the sound of the patch that i'm playng also during PROG or COMBI change in order to not break the "LIVE"....

Please, help me...

Good Life to evrybody, especcialy for Trinity!
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity + Trinity RACK poliphony and Audio Drop Out Reply with quote

Hello!

Syntony wrote:
Hi guys,

i'm very happy to enjoy to this mighty forum.

Welcome! Smile

Quote:
I've got a lot of questions about my wonderfull Trinity 61 Key and my new entry Trinity RACK.

First QUESTION:

Does it possibile to use the ODD/EVEN setting , that normally it's possible to set when I use two TRINITY key, beetween my TRINITY key and my Trinity RACK to increase the poliphony?

I only have one Trinity, so haven't tried it, but it should work. I believe the TR-Rack is pretty much identical to a standard Trinity, minus the keys and the touchscreen. Of course the TR-Rack also has 8MB of additional waveforms, which you wouldn't be able to replicate on the Trinity keyboard (unless you had the PBS-TRI option and imported the relevant miscellaneous waveforms), but if you use the same common patches that use the same 24MB of waveform data I'm sure it would work.

Quote:
Second QUESTION:

Does it possible to sort out the AUDIO drop out during PROGRAM or COBINATION change? i'll glad to maintain the sound of the patch that i'm playng also during PROG or COMBI change in order to not break the "LIVE"....

Ok, I think the drop-out you're referring to is the polyphony.

A Trinity has 32-voices of polyphony. If you use any patches that use two waveforms at once then this uses two voices of polyphony. In other words you only have 16 notes of polyphony when using a dual-waveform patch.

Therefore, if you have a complex Combi consisting of up to 8 patches, each using 2 voices of polyphony, and then try to play chords or have long release times then yes you may encounter 'dropouts' due to lack of available polyphony.

Best thing to do would be to optimise the patches, using only those that really benefit the sound, or by editing patches to use a single waveform rather than two. Sometimes less is more. In the midst of a whole mix you may not notice what you have stripped away, and it may even make the overall sound cleaner.

However, if you use the Odd/Even setting to link the two Trinitys, you stand to have significantly less dropouts as a result.

Best of luck!
Syntony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for your quick answer.

Sincerly, related to the ODD/VEN option, I belive that it wil not work: I've think about it and, definetly, I suppose that this setting permits to send the ODD or EVEN note played to the Internal Tone Generator of the Trinity Key. In this case, when you control another Trinity key as Slave (after that you have set the SLAVE Viceversa respet to the MASTER), the polyphony will increase to 64 Notes MAX.

Referring to the other problem i'll make an example. During live performance i'm playng using my Combination A: during the execution I need to change to Combination B. If I'm still pulling my chord with the sound of the Combination A and I send a combination Change (through my Pedal switch), nevertheless i'm pulling my chord, the Audio stop and, after an orrible moment of "no sound", I need to pull again the Keyboard in order to play and hear my next Chord.

I remember that, in the past, with my first YAMAHA PSR 2700 i played my piano: at the end of the execution i mainteined press the last chord and, during this moment i was usally to change the patch and continue to play without no pause of sound...it was pretty to create a sense of continuity during the performance.

It seems, when a Program or Combination change is requested, the Trynity sends a "RESET" command for all the control and Notes.

Should be possible to inhibit the Trinity to set this "RESET"???

I hope to have focused better on my Problem.
nemo2488

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi to everybody!
I've found this forum today, and it's great!
excuse me for my english, but i'm italian, and i'll try to explane my problem.
I've bought a korg trinity just one week ago, and i've found the same problem of Sytony, the audio drops out when I change the prog/combi or from the trinity or form a master.
What can i do ? The silence between the two program is terrible in live, have anybody win this problem?
thank you!
Bazz02

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry this is in all Trinitys .There is a small time delay
before being able to play the new prg or combi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: