Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unsuccessful Patch Duplication

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Unsuccessful Patch Duplication Reply with quote

Hi Everybody - I am brand new here. This is my 1st Post and I will be upfront & honest in letting you'll know I am not a Korg expert nor am I strong in the overall technology of Synth sounds & configs. I came here expressly for the purpose of asking this question. In 89' 90', I was working for GC when Korg hit the market with their M-Series and T-Series Keyboards. My main instrument is guitar but I'm a pretty good keyboard player and have always had a few keyboards & mods hanging around that I like. Although I didnt' buy one then, about 6 yrs ago I came across an M1 in a Pawnshop in perfect condition and the asking price was $250.

I gotta be honest, for what these babies gave, to see them drop to a price that low was kinda sad but of course I snatched it as quick as possible. There was no Manual but I ws able to get a manual online (no prob)

What the problem was and is now is about a yr & half ago, the battery died. Although I was able to pick up another the same day and get it installed, the sounds that were associated with the Board I bought, were totally changed. The Dealership told me he had to load the original factory sounds when changing the battery. He asked if I had a backup of the Internal sounds and of course I didn't. So there were three basic patches the previous Owner had in this Board that were absolutely awesome. Two I really can't function without. The third I've been able to come fairly close to. One patch is I38 -Solo Synth (Brass) the other I'm dying to re-establish is patch I52 - Guitar 2.

Although the factory settings still refer to these Patches with the same name, the alterations that this Owner had were smooth and very tasty.

The Solo Synth had a small swell attack that started and remained like a soft Brass sound with a brighter bite when the velocity was higher. The Guitar 2 sound was kinda like the Classical Guitar Patch with maybe a touch of flute (maybe) and blended nicely with a harder velocity.

So bottomline is this, I've been struggling for close to a year now trying to dupe those sounds the way they were when I bought it and I'm not getting anywhere. I have recordings that illustrate what they sound like and I'm hoping someone on here can either tell me they think they know what I'm looking for or they can hear a sample of the Patch and figure it out from that and tell me what to do to get it back.

Ok that's about it .. I sure hope someone can guide me to restoring these sounds. Thanks Very Much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: