Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini KP looping function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stereonaut

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Mini KP looping function Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in buying a mini kp to complement my live setup. After watching several youtube vids about the unit, I was especially intruiged by the looping function.

What exactly does it do? I get the impression that it can capture a sample from the input, loop it, and chop it (each section being presumably trigerred by different regions of the control pad). Am I way off?

It's not the chopping that interests me so much, but mostly the looping function. How long of a sample can it capture?
tomthurs

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one it pretty good but you can't load in or save any samples it just grabs them from your audio source.
If you drag across the pad it changes the size of the sample not sections, it's only a few seconds if I remember correctly. Vertically changes the effect depending on the patch eg low pass filter.
I would probably look at the KP3 or 2 if you want better sampling, I've never used one but I think you can save samples and they probably have more sampling features.
m4m

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini kp seems to have the best looper of all the kaoss pads, ie, when on hold, it restarts the sample EVERYtime you touch the pad, unlike th ekp3 whivh is always in the middle of nowhere
dayuri

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start a loop from the beginning by simultaneously hitting align with the loop button. The way the KP3 works means you'll be on time every time, though with that trick you can start on time too.
m4m

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm talking about the looper effect, not the sampler (LoP01 etc) or 77-86 on the mini KP

the KP3 will not restart the captured measure on the beat whrn touching the pad hile it's on hold, the mini kp will re-trigger it every touch so you can do some manual stutter/beat juggling, which is just impossible on the KP3 due to the running nature of it (like the default samples assignements, running continuously in the back and unmuting on press/touch)

I have all the kaoss minus the entrencer, and the 3 sounds the best, but some efects of the mini are well worth it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: