Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Trinity multitimbrally On Software Sequencer.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boom city

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Recording Trinity multitimbrally On Software Sequencer. Reply with quote

I just bought a Korg Trinity v3 for $300. I really love the sounds on this board, much more so than the Motif Es.

However, i am having a lot of trouble using this board as a multitimbral module using soft sequencer (FL studio)

If someone can take me step by step in which mode to be in and how to get the 16 midi channels to correspond to the channels on the soft sequencer so i can record and playback the tracks on the FL studio, i would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

What a great deal!!
Trinity V3 means you've got the MOSS inside...
And for $300 you've been so lucky...!

About your question: as you can see, the Trinity has got 4 separate audio outputs (not sure about how to rute separate audio to out 3-4).
If you want to record different tracks at the same time, you're limited to your soundcard's contemporary inputs and to Trinity outputs.
Having that saied, you should use the Sequencer mode to use the Trinity as a multipart/multitimbral tone generator, setting each track to the right channel/timbre, and then start recording.
If you want to do each "sound" on a different track, than you can simply go in Prog or Combi mode and record the sound you want once at a time.

Regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
boom city

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure i fully i understand.

When i use sequencer mode the quality of the patches goes down alot i guess because of the effects.

When i use prog mode and try to record midi, it doen't play back...its very odd. Is it possible to record and play back the midi data of a track using an external software sequencer when in prog mode, or only in sequencer mode?

Also for some reason when i am in Sequencer mode i lose the use of the modulation, and aftertouch...can you explain how to get them back?

This is all very frustrating. I love the sound of this board im just having alot of trouble intergrating it.

If you can break it down for me step by step i would appreciate it so much!

Thanks for the help
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time for step by step, sorry.
I ask you to try and tell us exactly what you do, so we can correct you on your wrong steps.

BTW, yes: in sequencer mode you need to set effects properly, and you also need to activate the receiving of modulation and aftertouch midi messages.
If it doesn't play in prog mode, it's just a matter of midi channel.

As you bought it second handed, I suggest you to do a backup of your current sounds, and then do a complete system restore (power up the trinity holding enter + 0) and then reload PRESET1.PRG with presets patches and settings; that should help you to follow the Trinity Manuals and Guides with less frustration if you're having problems.

Regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: