Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did you heard about Monochrome VSTi ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
costi_ebay

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Did you heard about Monochrome VSTi ??? Reply with quote

Hi all

I am sure you are thinking why I made this post here on this forum.

Monochrome its a free Vsti sequencer and can be used with any regular DAW like Ableton, Cubase etc This program was made for Monome controller but it can be used with any other controller. (I would like to say that this program is not made by me !!!)

"Usage example:
-insert Monochrome vsti on a MIDI track, route MIDI notes to another VSTi
-send MIDI notes to MonoChrome from your MIDI controller. The MIDI note you send (MIDI note 36-99) will toggle the corresponding sequence of MIDI notes at the assigned MIDI note#. Send the same note again to stop the sequence. "

So I was thinking if it possible to make a computer aplication to use the electribe to control the monochrome vsti (to intermediate the midi messages from the electribe to the host) . To use the pads, knobs and all the buttons of the electribe but controlling the soft sequencer. A good example for this will be the padfarm for the padkontrol that transforms the controller giving a lot of new possibilities. (when you play a pad the light stays on - this is a very good option for ableton stuff playing clips, the lights will follow the sequence and will clip on the temp of your host project , knobs can control swing, pitch, volume, efxs for every part, etc) Maybe if you'll see the vsti you'll understand.

Basically you'll have a soft sequencer in perfect sync with the host that will play all your computer drums and percussions (like the Drum rack from Ableton) controlled by the electribe with a very good visual help. You can select the parts from the electribe to control different drum samples in your Drum rack.

I am sure it possible but I know is very hard to program it. Maybe this is just a personal idea that an application like this will be very useful especially for live gigs.

I expect your good or bad comments Smile

Thanks

You'll find the software here, you'll find windows and mac versions:

http://post.monome.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=48&page=1#Item_0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: