Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Understanding Midi ..Noobs Midi questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaylaJ

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Understanding Midi ..Noobs Midi questions... Reply with quote

LIke Here are Some Stupid Simple Questions about midi, but given the fact that I'm teaching myself English again (and its not a second lang), These tech stuff a lot of relearning. Now About midi Do I 1. plug the in to the out and out to in, depending on what I want to slave or master Or just Thru when you want the sounds of the module/ Rack but not the sounds of the keyboard?? 2. Do I set separated channels for my out and in or in and out on both units? Or just set the same channel on each unit to recieve and send. 3. The Other stupid simple thing I don't understand when I hook up two units midi, Do the sounds that come out are they suppose to sound like the Slave or the Master? 3 A: Can I hook up two units Say the Triton rack and my Karma, and get the actual sounds of the Rack, and Sound of the Karma together.

See the only thing I had to try midi hook ups with is my RM1x and When I hook it up to the Karma, all the sound sound Like Karma.. And I like to use the different voice together.

I realize there must be some way to get both sounds. The last time I was in a Music store than actually had the midi keyboard/ controller hooked up to other Midi Modules alike E Mu one, ANd The Korg Ms 2000, yep years ago... They Got all those sound to blend together. It must possible.

Thanks,

RJ
gothbin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Rm1X, and as far as I know you can choose or external midi or internal. So you can choose one or another. I wouldn't use the sounds of the RM1x as you have a karma which is lots better.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: