Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crossover?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spherion

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Crossover? Reply with quote

I just purchased these speakers for an N1R I bought off of eBay. (I know, they're cheap, but keys aren't my main instrument.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PAIR-PRO-3-WAY-PA-DJ-SPEAKERS-12-BAND-CLUB-400W-EA_W0QQitemZ370048930405QQihZ024QQcategoryZ47094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Each speaker (I bought a pair) has 4 jacks. 2 1/4" and 2 XLRs. The ad states "high powered crossover network" as a feature. Does this mean that a "crossover" is built in to the speakers? Sorry, I'm a total noob to this stuff.

Also from the add it looks like the specs read 400 watts PEAK and 200 watts continuous. So does this mean, in theory, that I should get a 800 - 1000 watt power amp to power these (about 450 to 500 watts per channel)?

I'm currently using a 500 watt solid state GUITAR power amp (ADA G500S), picking a jack to plug in to on the speaker (they're not labeled) and feeding one channel from the power amp to each speaker in mono. I can crank the power amp and the Korg N1R to max without getting anything close to an extreme amount of volume so I fear I might ruin my speakers and/or power amp since it's probably clipping before the speakers even get what they're asking from the power amp. I tried taking both R/L outputs from the stereo power amp into just one speaker and it didn't seem to make much difference.

What kind of power amp should I get to power these speakers? Dual stereo (if they make those)? I'd like to "think big" in regards to sound level in the case that I should choose to use this setup as a PA on occasion.

Speaker specs:

Power - 200 watts rms / 400 watts peak
8ohms
97db
30-20,000hz
40oz. magnet, 2" kapton voice coil, stamped frame basket.
3 piezo bullet tweeters (3.5" x 3.5" in size)
High Powered Crossover Network
4x10 Optimized Compression Horn
Cabinet: Precision tuned and ported, 5/8" dense PB, handsome black carpet, tough steel grill, recessed bar handles, black steel corners, 1 3/8" pole mount, rubber feet, input terminal with dual 1/4" inputs + dual speakon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: