Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOSS vs. Z1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: MOSS vs. Z1 Reply with quote

I previously posted such topic in TS Studio forum not knowing there's a MOSS forum exit.

I wonder if any one had a chance to run a Triton equipped with MOSS board in parallel with the legandary Z1 to playing simillar patches to see if they sound simillar. MOSS is a great board I've read but I just want to know if it allows you to get Z1's sounds out of a Triton!
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Moss is identical to the Z1 in every single way, sound generation wise.

The only audible differences would be the insert- and global-Effects from the Z1 and Triton. Both of the synths use different generations and implementations of effects, so the overall colour of the sound may be different, even when using similar effects settings.
digitop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Timo, I got an EXB-MOSS board, I think it takes less sapce, provide almost the same result as you said and can be liquidated into cash easier whenever I want to.

I just installed the MOSS and uploaded the MOSS program. Now all my sounds and banks are somewhat efected and renewed. I was under impression that MOSS would only add new pattched to the Bank F !
chris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MOSS floppy disk is including the F Moss bank but also factory programs for the other banks (not using the Moss).

So, if you've loaded the root program file from the floppy disk, then all your banks might have been replaced.

I recommend that when loading programs from the disk, you open the program folder and only load the F bank.

Same procedure to load the other individual banks if you have your own setups stored on other floppy disks.
PlasticLoveDoll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to hear some more users weigh in on the MOSS board vs Korg Z1. Also, to compare the MOSS board with Korg Prophecy.
dave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have a Z1. But I do have a MOSS board and a Prophecy. The MOSS is six-voice polyphonic and the Prophecy is monophonic.

A no-brainer, you might think. BUT – the Prophecy has waveshaping, while the MOSS doesn't. And the waveshaping gives it that searing edge on leads, basses, etc. Plus, standard synth sounds seem much more dimensional and punchy on the Prophecy.

It's great to have both, of course, but if it came to a choice, for me it's the Proph every time.

Kind regards.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always had the chance to run them both, next to each other, MOSS and Z1.
I'd never trade a Z1 for any synth with MOSS, there is something about it.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave wrote:
It's great to have both, of course, but if it came to a choice, for me it's the Proph every time.

Same here...but i have all 3. My EXTREME i sold then bought it again, for
commercial reasons but i'll never have it as a choice.
Zurechial

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the MOSS system so much that I've just bought a Z1 on eBay to go alongside my MOSS-equipped Extreme. Smile

I currently use my Extreme for everything in my live performances, switching between patches as necessary, but the hassle of switching patches on the fly and the associated audio dropout when doing so have persuaded me to buy the Z1.
Now I'll be using the Extreme for all my ROMpler-like patches, with some enhancement courtesy of the MOSS, while I'll be using the Z1 for leads and solos with some outboard FX.

I bought the MOSS and Extreme over a year ago, simply assuming that I'd find the MOSS useful, but without realising just how powerful or useful it really is.
Even with the Z1 I'll probably still be making a lot of use of the MOSS in the extreme and vice versa, it's just that useful. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MOSS Option All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: