Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for N1 Conoisseur.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscarvan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Looking for N1 Conoisseur. Reply with quote

Greetings,

Have had my N1 for years. Bought it for feel and sound. Recorded a solo CD, never did much gigging.

Just started a cover band though and now have to be a jack of all sounds...... Piano, various organs, flute (Tull) babbling brooks.

Having trouble figuring out some of the features.....like shifting the split point on "split".....you get there through performance mode 2, but then the sound seems to be subjected by the settings of said performance mode.....

Also, would like to rig a foot switch to be able to quickly switch between "instruments" (voices?) instead of having to hit the key pad and miss half the time......

Is there a way to program various instrument settings and cycle through them with a foot switch?

I am NOT interested in modifying the sounds, or creating my own sounds, which seems a lot of what the machine offers....just simple setups which will make live performance easier...

Anyone versed on this machine willing to spend some time getting me up to speed? Then instructions are not very helpfull. It would be greatly appreciated.
pandel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi oscarvan!

I have used my N1 for years now, too, and had the same problems.

The split thing works as described. You cannot have sound A with effect a and sound B with effect b in one performance. That's the worst aspect with this machine, at least for me. I always tried to circumvent splits. If I couldn't I mostly needed to edit the effect settings to a more pleasing setup. So the only thing you can do about this is to experiment with the settings (even if I know that it's hard with THIS display Wink ).

According to p. 26 of the manual it should be possible to assign the performance up or down to an external foot switch. I never used this before because I always had enough time to switch my sounds with the buttons.

PS: If you don't have the manual, have a look here: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/korg-n5/files/

Hope that helps.

Greetz,
Holger
TF.Whitely

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Me too Reply with quote

I also have been using the N1 for years. Best touch next to the real thing. I've been finding that playing live in Multi-mode works good for splitting the board. It splits at middle c and you can transpose both instruments up or down 24 and change the volume to whatever you want. It's handy if you want to play hammond parts with your left hand in a high register while playing straight piano with your right. Not sure if that will help or not. The N1 is not very intuitive. You can create a sound with a split in it and put the split wherever you want. For instance for Riders on the Storm I put Rain and Thunder on the last two keys and Rhodes piano on the rest. It's not that hard; although it took me a while to figure it out. Once you create the sound you can save it to a user bank.

I'm trying to hook up a volume pedal to the assignable pedal 1/4" jack without much luck. I bought a Proel pedal and can't seem to get it to work. Any advice?

The other thing about multi is that you can set up 16 sounds and control them with another keyboard. It's like having another N1....sort of. I bought a second hand m-audio 88 midi controller for 75 bucks. It's good not to have to switch up sound all the time.

Hope you (or someone) can help me with my volume pedal problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: