Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg X-911 guitar synth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkmusicmaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Korg X-911 guitar synth Reply with quote

hi, was hoping some korg devotees could help with this little vintage piece. my friend has one i'm using. tracking is funky, synth sounds are a bit cheesy, but it has some charm and a neat VCF filter. here's a link on sonicstate so you know exactly what i mean in case you don't know the model number:

http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/korg_x911.cfm

my one problem is the so-called "dry" guitar sound. i understand even this is modified by the attack and decay knobs on the right. but if the attack is all the way down (no modification), shouldn't the guitar just ring out normally? i'm not talking about the synth, i mean 100% guitar, but going through the guitar section. there's a weird stuttering going on especially in the decay, which sometimes is really cool but sometimes not. yet the input is where this seems to be offending, almost like there's a gate on it? even with the input expecting -50dB it does this, even slamming the peak LED. just had a repair guy look at it and he said it seemed "normal" because it was a "trigger" device.

i want to be able to play (somewhat) normal guitar through the right side. can i do that, or do i have to use the direct out? i want to avoid that if possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: