Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kaossilator - remove a recorded track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrtunes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: kaossilator - remove a recorded track Reply with quote

i'm trying to figure out if the manual is telling me that it's possible to get rid of one of your most recent overdubs without erasing the whole loop? anyone know?
Kossi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no this is not possible, unfortunately.

i think most users of the kaossilator would like to have such a function.
so i use the kaoss pad 3 to sample the kaossilator's output. this way you get something like an undo-function and the possibility to mute some sampled layers (and sampling of 16 beats per pad instead of the 8 the kaossilator can handle).
mrtunes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kossi wrote:
no this is not possible, unfortunately.

i think most users of the kaossilator would like to have such a function.
so i use the kaoss pad 3 to sample the kaossilator's output. this way you get something like an undo-function and the possibility to mute some sampled layers (and sampling of 16 beats per pad instead of the 8 the kaossilator can handle).

cool. i just got a mini-kp to add to this today, i would've gotten a kp3 but i didn't want to get too carried away here. in a few months i'll get a kp3, in the meantime the mini-kp is a nice sidekick cause they're both small and battery powered. i also have a roland mc-09 from a few years ago that i can use for looping. at the end of the day though the kaossilator's loop function really is just for fun i can't expect too much from it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: kaossilator - remove a recorded track Reply with quote

mrtunes wrote:
i'm trying to figure out if the manual is telling me that it's possible to get rid of one of your most recent overdubs without erasing the whole loop? anyone know?

This is possible, yes.
Just make sure that each time you are happy with a performance line, to then do the FIX method as described in the Manual and then, when you have done a shitty last done loop you can erase without killing off anything that has been done before (and stored using FIX).
mrtunes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: kaossilator - remove a recorded track Reply with quote

19 wrote:
mrtunes wrote:

This is possible, yes.
Just make sure that each time you are happy with a performance line, to then do the FIX method as described in the Manual and then, when you have done a shitty last done loop you can erase without killing off anything that has been done before (and stored using FIX).

thank you - i apparently have a short attention span for even the shortest manuals. i will give this a shot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very glad it has a 'temporal whilst on' FIX/store function.
However the thing that constantly makes me cry (and angry/feel cheated at Korg about) is that if I am doodling uber late at night (too tired to sample off), or Kaossilator-ing on bus/train, then I have to leave the Power On and drain the electricity/batteries or else ALL my loops are lost on power off...What the f*ck ??? !!!.

*I confess...I really did not check the Spec list for Memory Retention when I bought it for this feature is on nearly every modern day gadget/sequencer/sampler
(and this is the only Korg Product out of the dozens of old analogue retro/recent digital Korg Machines which I loyally bought/own, which has everything lost at power down Sad).

Kaossilator 2 please ROLL-ON (and dont charge me £100 more than the current retail for the MK1 for basic taken for granted Specifications)...

...and I'M STILL A Kaossilator FAN...
...just Smile
zalo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19 wrote:
I'm very glad it has a 'temporal whilst on' FIX/store function.
However the thing that constantly makes me cry (and angry/feel cheated at Korg about) is that if I am doodling uber late at night (too tired to sample off), or Kaossilator-ing on bus/train, then I have to leave the Power On and drain the electricity/batteries or else ALL my loops are lost on power off...What the f*ck ??? !!!.

*I confess...I really did not check the Spec list for Memory Retention when I bought it for this feature is on nearly every modern day gadget/sequencer/sampler
(and this is the only Korg Product out of the dozens of old analogue retro/recent digital Korg Machines which I loyally bought/own, which has everything lost at power down Sad).

Kaossilator 2 please ROLL-ON (and dont charge me £100 more than the current retail for the MK1 for basic taken for granted Specifications)...

...and I'M STILL A Kaossilator FAN...
...just Smile

time to get a pocket recorder
Argus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Gemini i-Key looks very nice for that purpose. MP3 or WAV direct recording onto any USB device, including an iPod... battery powered... very mobile.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to get a pocket recorder, zalo?
*Getting a pocket recorder is missing my point* - Thanks for the tip but what if I must switch it on again to add more to the existing musical phrases/saves if loops are only half built?

Plus, I have a little recorder already and unfortunately, then, that would mean carrying 2 portable items when you could've carried just the 1 (the Kaossilator is sold as a kind of all in one/on the move gadget from my understanding of it).

I am pretty sure KORG (if they make a MK2) with any sense of customer needs, will listen to much of the common sense productive criticism that more than just I in these forums have, about this great unit, and build the next one - size permitting - with a separate channel sequencer+recorder+memory storage on power off - as standard, and that I would happily pay a bit more cash for.

LOVING my Kaossiltaor V MS-20 audio input~filter~lfo right now!

Last edited by 19 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is now added here folks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_Kaossilator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: