Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg announce new Mobile Recording products
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcarley2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks! I have preordered a MR-1000 and I was wondering if anyone here knows what kind/model of 12V DC connector is on the back. I was wanting to make a power cable for an SLA battery system, so as not to have to fool with the 8AA batteries. Thanks all!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcarley2 wrote:
Hey folks! I have preordered a MR-1000 and I was wondering if anyone here knows what kind/model of 12V DC connector is on the back. I was wanting to make a power cable for an SLA battery system, so as not to have to fool with the 8AA batteries. Thanks all!

The manual is now available online :

http://www.korg.com/service/downloadinfo.asp?DID=1207

... that should have your answer in it Smile

Daz.
jcarley2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Da Man, Daz! Thanks for the help!

+

It doesn't say what specific type of power jack that is on the back of the MR-1000, but a good read none the less. (If you like reading manuals....and I do). I have emailed KORG Product Support with the same question. I will post any positive response.
piggy915

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI All and Jerry,

These 2 days I searched and searched for the review of MR1000 in google in various of forums but no luck. As I am going to buy 1 here in Hong Kong. I touched it few weeks ago actually but the salesman didn't help much.

Be honest, I am an audiophile and I also have enough gears to make music. In the whole discussion (if I didn't miss anything), it didn't discuss more about AudioGate. Besides recording my work thru' FireFace 800 via TRS jack, I'd like to use it as my mobile digital juke box.

Question 1)

If I ripped a CD Track to a Wav file 16/44.1, can I use AG to convert it to 1bit/DSD formt and then I transfer it to MR1000 (USB) ? So when I press play in MR1000, the sound becomes better than the original CD?

Question 2)

Is AudioGate a licensed software which needs key or something ? I think it is a very magical software if it can convert 16/44 to 1 bit / DSD stuff and let it play back on any hardware device thru PC/MAC

Question 3)

Why MR1000 has no SPDIF in out ? Is it about the size or costing ? Like other hd recorder such as Alesis ML9600 and Tascam, they all got Coax/Optical in. Why not in MR1000 ?

Question 4)

What is the position of MR1000 in the market. Who is the target user ?

http://groups.google.com.hk/group/rec.audio.pro/browse_thread/thread/e10bbbb277740a30/af7cceaa5d841622?lnk=st&q=korg+mr1000&rnum=2&hl=zh-TW#af7cceaa5d841622

If I think of any other questions, I will bother you guys again.

Cheers!

Piggy
scyue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Piggy,
I'm not from Korg but your questions seems answerable...

1) You cannot make the MASTER recording better... It might actually go worse. The ORIGINAL is always the MASTER copy (the best) and if you make a copy from the MASTER recording it will either be the same (if using digital signal) or go worse (if using analog signal).

2) At first when you open the program, it will ask you to plug in your recorder (MR-1 or MR-1000). If you have a pirate/bootleg AudioGate program without the recorder the program will not open. To activate the program you first have to plug in your recorder via USB...So I guess the recorder IS the KEY. You only need a KEY (recorder) the first time you open AG.

3) Korg can add digital in/out but that is only for PCM (24 or 16 bit) recording. Since it is mainly a DSD recorder, it records without using an A/D convertor when recording in 1 bit DSD format. So everything recorded at 1 bit DSD format is analog. You only need line-in/mic-in to do DSD analog recording. It would be a bonus to record PCM via digital-in, because these reocrders can record both PCM and DSD. So best to keep it as a DSD recorder rather than a PCM recorder. The sound recorded will not be so real when recording at 24 or 16 bit because it is altered by the A/D converter. And I don't think the A/D converters in these portable recorders are that great. Maybe in the future there will be a portable duo DSD/PCM recorder with digital in/out. When you are working with DSD (1bit) files people don't talk about digital in/out because digital in/out is only for PCM (16 24bit) files.

4) I guess everyone who records can use it...but mainly people who wants to record in DSD formats, but really not for PCM (16 and 24 bit) people.

Last edited by scyue on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:14 am; edited 8 times in total
scyue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should read this:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=167438#167438
Organbuff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Question regarding DSD file playback Reply with quote

Greetings all, I've searched the archives here and elsewhere for a straight answer on the Korg MR-1000 playback function. I can't find the answer so I'll ask it here.

Can I playback DSD files created with the MR-1000, transfered to my PC's hard drive via the USB, back to the MR-1000's DAC via the same USB, then OUT from the MR-1000 Outputs, TO my systems Preamp?

If the answer is no, I must transfer the files stored on the PC back to the MR-1000's hard drive first, then playback from there, is this not the same limiting factor with both Tascam DVRA units?

If the answer is yes to that second question then, is my only option to playback files stored on the PC's hard drive would be to purchase seperate outboard converters?

I've read much on the VAIOs, but I question if any of the VAIOs are highend audiophile level units. Any thoughts here?

Thank you for your replys
Rick
richardl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand the MR-1000 functions almost identically to the MR-1. Based on the MR-1 the answer to your question is no. The MR-1 can only play DSD files from its own harddrive.
to-korg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hayashi wrote:
Have you seen a screen shot of AudioGate?

Basically, this is the highest quality audio file format converter. You can convet from/to any formats you use.

And also you can preview any format audio source including 1bit audio on your Mac/PC using your audio cards/interfaces or built-in audio devices. In the offline exporting, it uses highest quality converter algorithm. In the preview playing, it uses fast better quality algorithm. Wink

CoreAudio system is used to play audio on Mac, ASIO2 or DirectSound is used on PC.

Masa

Masa, please make your AudioGate - software - also for Linux.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: