Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg K61p not working properly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funktilyoubunk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Korg K61p not working properly Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new to this forum - so "hello" to all of you. I'm in Thailand and purchased the Korg K61p. I liked it because it's light weight and easy to carry around. I immediately checked it out as controller for my alesis micron and a roland sp 2. Everything worked fine and I was looking forward to play some gigs with it.

After I installed all required drivers and the editor I connected it to the computer. Also no problem here, but once I opened the editor and wanted to transmit some presets to it. I got the message "K-series not connected". I pressed the transmit buttom several time and always the same message came up.

I still could use it on my sequencer programm over the usb cable. With the adapter and the midi cable I get midi errors all the time.

The computer doesn't recognize this unit anymore, no matter what I do.

After that I was trying to connect to the alesis micron and the roland sp-2 and even there nothing was happening. I checked the midi channel several time, all on channel one, but still nothing. Before it worked fine, I mean before I installed the driver for it. Now it is pretty useless to me.

So I went to the shop, where I baught it and suprisingly enough, a brand new Korg K61p first connected to a sound module and then to the alesis micron worked fine - but after installing everything on the computer the sales person got the same problems, that I just mentioned above. After installing it couldn't be used as controller for the alesis etc.

He send this unit to Korg Bangkok, but said allready, there will be little help from them, they probably going to exchange with a new unit.

But that all doesn't help the problem. I would love to find out why this controller is not working. So far I never had any problems with Korg instruments. I sold my trinity to get this controller and I'm a little disappointed. Hopefully there's someone out there, who could help me.

Thanks a lot
Robbieboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem.
subVert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a K series controller, but I figure that it worked like the PadKontrol and I checked the manual....

This is on page 8

Quote:
When USB is connected, MIDI OUT jack does not send out MIDI messages from the K-Series’ keyboard and controller.

So in other words, if you are using it with your computer, then all midi goes over the USB cable. If you want to use it with you micron or other sound module then you have to have it plugged in and have the power switch to the DC position. My guess is that it would disable the connection to the computer when in the DC position.

This might explain why the unit in the store stopped talking to the micron after usb was connected and software was installed, but it doesn't explain why your computer doesn't recognize the unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: