Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Let Go - old Korg X3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Can't Let Go - old Korg X3 Reply with quote

I have loved this synth for live performing (bought it new in 94). What has me hooked is the warm organ sounds and the touch sensitive rotary effect. I also have a Triton LE that I love for so many other sounds but I have not been able to duplicate the touch sensitive rotary effect. I have tried but it seems to become a global change.
Since the X3 is getting a bit old and generates a buzz, I would like to retire it to home use and replace it with something newer for live work.
Any ideas are welcome. Thanks. - Lenster.
Tried Ensonic, Roland, and others but I'm most comfortable with Korg.
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for a used N364!! Very Happy
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say - N364 completely replaces the X3 - it has every multisound on it, and all the patches. The thing i love the most about that whole series of synths is the super thick string sound (originally found on the 01/W) - i resampled it for my Triton Extreme, i just couldnt bear to part with it.
candlewick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree on the X3 organs and strings. When I decided to upgrade my workhorse I searched high and low and found an X3 rack version so I could keep all my custom programs for home studio use. Very Happy

I trigger it with an 88 key midi controller, and play out on a Triton LE. I'd love to add an M3 to the combo...............for the sake of the 20th Anniv. of my first synth. workstation...........the M1.

"I Need More Cowbell!!"
-Todd

TritonLE76,X3R, M50-61, TD6V V-drum module w/ Pintech Mesh Triggers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: