Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to put (load) additional piano sounds into extreme.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunesi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: how to put (load) additional piano sounds into extreme. Reply with quote

first hello to everybody on forum, because im a new member. I post this question inthe TX forum but this one section is more appropriate.
my qustion is basic, so you more experienced could answer:
I saw that the new PMI sound is awailable for extreme and others (W.coakley). my question is what I have to do, to put new exterenal piano sounds into my extreme (into the banks) ?

do I need an expansion card or is there still any free space on extreme that I can download those sounds in or must I put aditional 96 RAM into for that, or

maybe is a stupid question, but I,ll be pleased if someone could answer and explain me the procedure. thanks.

best regards sunesi
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton Extreme has 16MB of RAM in it... there is not enough space for all the samples contained in that PMI multisample. You would need at least another 16MB of RAM, but you CAN load part of the multisample in before you run out of RAM, it's enough to try the sample out.

I found that the main piano sound on the Extreme was by far better than the PMI one, it responds much better, and the PMI sound is kind of weak in the lower ranges.

I bought 96 MB of RAM on eBay for $10.00, they are always selling it for like $10-20 on there.

Procedure:
1. Download the PMI piano Sample, Unzip it to your Desktop, you will find 2 files "PMIPIANO.KSC" and "PMIPIANO.PCG" and a folder "PMIPIANO"

2. Save your current PCG data in Bank E.

3. Go to MEDIA mode, press the tab "Utility" and from the drop down menu enter "USB Storage Mode"

4. Transfer "PMIPIANO.KSC" and "PMIPIANO.PCG" and folder "PMIPIANO" to the Triton's Compact Flash Card.

5. Exit USB Storage Mode.

6. press the tab "Load," select PMIPIANO.PCG and from the drop-down menu, press "load selected." On the next page, check "Load PMIPIANO.KSC too" but leave the other one unchecked, and press OK... everything will be loaded in that there is room for.

Use this process when loading any new sample data.
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not much of help, but I'm sure the manual explains quite well these kind of operations!
Please, take the time to read from the beginning to the end the manual, trying to be in front of the TX doing what it's written, it's a great way to understand what the manuals explain.
If you still have problems, feel free to write on the forum, but first try by yourself, or in the future you will never be able to do that by yourself.

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: