Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

padKontrol Problems. Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ireallywantthistowork

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: padKontrol Problems. Help? Reply with quote

Ok, so I got my KORG PadKontrol for christmas. Get it out of the box and set it up by installing the disc, doing everything in the manual. First problem: No 9v dc cable. Ok - I can deal with that.

MY main problem is, that even though everything is setup and everything is lighting up and doing as it should be, It will not produce sound.

Pleasehelp.

I really want this to work D:
JackBradbury

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I also got a padKontrol for christmas, however mine does have working audio.

the padKontrol is mainly meant to control programs and you might not be using it properly, I'll explain how to get the padkontrol working with reason.

Firstly install Reason Adapted that comes free on the Creative Kontrol Pack disc with the padKontrol. Then go edit >> preferences, on the page bar scroll down to Control Surfaces & Keyboards, click Add.. on Manufacturer set Other, Set the model as a basic MIDI keyboard and MIDI input as padKONTROL 1 PORT A, now you can exit preferences.

Now if you open a sequencer such as the Malstrom Graintable Synth on reason by finding it under the Create dropdown menu, select a patch and you should have sound.

I recommend checking out this youtube users videos:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Stray411

its got some really helpful stuff on setting up the pK.

merry christmas
x
Ireallywantthistowork

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my first problem there is that i dont have the program reason adapted and ive installed everything on the disc. All i have is PadKontrol editor librarian and KORG Usb-Midi Driver tools....

so what now?

Does anyone have any mirrors for the software?
JackBradbury

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont see why you dont have reason adapted, are you sure you have installed everything from both discs?

if you dont have the second disc I suggest you call up korg and request for the Creative Kontrol Pack Vol.3

x
MrDuke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he lives in an European country, I'm pretty sure the Korg controllers sold there don't come bundled with the "Creative Bundle" or whatever it's called. I know my padK didn't come with any software either.
Ireallywantthistowork

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Live in England. Only one disc?

Argh.

Help??
MrDuke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The padK is a basically a MIDI controller, and to use it ( = get any "sound out of it"), you need something to control it with. That might be a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software/sequencer such as Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic, Ableton Live, or Propellerheads Reason. Or it might be a virtual instrument (VSTi) to be used inside one of those software, like Korg's M1 VSTi for example.

Maybe you could try ringing Korg UK's Support and asking if they supply UK customers with the bundled software too, I've heard some people doing it. In the U.S. all the Korg controllers come with bundled software - although "lite" versions.
Ireallywantthistowork

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Downloaded Reason + Ableton Live demos. Does It matter that i only have the PadKontrol and no keyboard or any other equipment. Currently ive only got the PadKONTROL plugged in through USB into my Computer.

irwttw
subVert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are probably going to have to go back to the basics. As others have said the PadKontrol is not going to make any sound at all. It will only tell other programs or devices to make sound.

So the sound in this instance will come of your computer. It might be handy to have another controller around if you wanted to play piano/keyboard type music but you can control any type of sound with your PadKontrol.

It probably would have been a better idea to get some music software and learn it first before you start with a controller because your music making process won't be any fun at all until you learn the concepts of midi and learn how to use your software.
EoN

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: padKontrol Problems. Help? Reply with quote

Ireallywantthistowork wrote:
MY main problem is, that even though everything is setup and everything is lighting up and doing as it should be, It will not produce sound.

Man. it's a MIDI CONTROLLER. It doesn't produce sound, it's not supposed to. It sends MIDI messages to either the computer or a synthesiser or sampler or some other device to tell IT to produce sound.

It seems a bit unusual that you were given something like this as an XMAS present if you don't have a basic understanding of midi!?!?
MrDuke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: padKontrol Problems. Help? Reply with quote

EoN wrote:

It seems a bit unusual that you were given something like this as an XMAS present if you don't have a basic understanding of midi!?!?

Well, I'm guessing there might be an age / experience issue ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: