Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching for MIDI instrument definitions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thirdstreammusic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Searching for MIDI instrument definitions Reply with quote

Hello all - I tried posting in the newbie section - but this goes past just a meet and greet -
I am trying to find the MIDI instrument definitions for a Korg Triton Pro-X - I did a search through the forums, but it seems that "instrument definitions" and "pro-x" both are very general terms and call up thousands of unrelated posts.
I am not sure of the proper place to post this as there is no pro-x category.
Any help would be appreciated.
Also, what is the story with the pro-x - just a discontinued line? Why no support?
turner24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this helps, but having gone through the very same issue for my TS, in trying to find inst defs, I eventually just amended one that I did find for a Triton Classic. Depending on what you know about ins defs (I know absolutely nothing whatsoever), it was incredibly easy as just literally amending a text file to the patches on the TS. It seems a bit of a 'dark art' but if you look at an actual ins def file, it's written in relatively plain English ie it's not programming language etc. I can email the files I have if needed if you drop me a note. Alternatively, get ANY Pro-X patch file you can find, open it up as a text doc & amend to your particular banks and patches etc. Probably take 1 hour at the most.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: