Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing external 'Sets' assignments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synth_audio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Missing external 'Sets' assignments Reply with quote

I'll keep looking for a solution to this in the manual etc of course but meanwhile has anyone else tried using one of the external sets?

I loaded one for NI's FM7 and there were no assigned controls.

Other than the name being available in the drop down M3 menu what else needs to be done to load working sets?

I could create some midi assignments myself but the reaction time seemed very slow (delayed and sluggish). I move a slider on the M3 and the relevant FM7 control moves kind of slow. Not exactly a fast response.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Missing external 'Sets' assignments Reply with quote

Don't worry - this seems to be a common mistake with many of our controllers.

Did you read the documentation for the External Sets? On that document it says (under Hints for FM-7):

On the "MASTER" page, locate the "CONTROLLER
DEFINE" parameters then press the "LOAD" button for
"CONTROLLER ASSIGN" to load the setup file "KORG
M3.f7c".

This means that there is an FM-7 file located on the CD that needs to be loaded into FM-7 for the settings to work. Find it, load it, and all will be right. This is common in using controller maps for soft synths - sometimes they need to be configured as well, not just the controller.

Regards,

Jerry

Synth_audio wrote:
I'll keep looking for a solution to this in the manual etc of course but meanwhile has anyone else tried using one of the external sets?

I loaded one for NI's FM7 and there were no assigned controls.

Other than the name being available in the drop down M3 menu what else needs to be done to load working sets?

I could create some midi assignments myself but the reaction time seemed very slow (delayed and sluggish). I move a slider on the M3 and the relevant FM7 control moves kind of slow. Not exactly a fast response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: