Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Distortion guitar sound for Korg M1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
go_badgers1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Distortion guitar sound for Korg M1 Reply with quote

Hi
I recently bought a Korg M1 and am using it for a gig we're doing. I love all the factory sounds it came with, but i cant seem to find something suitable for an electric guitar. I've tried the distortion guitar and rock guitar sounds but neither seem to work. Has anyone had any luck playing with the settings to get a sound that resembles a distortion guitar?
Alternatively is there another PROG or COMB patch i can use, as a background filler for the "Sweet child of mine" guitar solo in the middle of the song?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
CJ
dickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the Akira ROM (MPC-11) there are 2 patches there that i swear by for distorted lead n riffs. No.14 Flex-Able and No.64 Metal Kids respectively. They've been a mainstay on my live soundset for years altho I did tweak them by changing one of the OSCillators to a Sine wave, an old trick for adding oomph to any distorted lead sound.

If you don't have the ROM card, u can get the Sys-ex files online for free. Just have to do a bit of legwork Smile

Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: