Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

current X50 user comparing sounds with M3. similar ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: current X50 user comparing sounds with M3. similar ? Reply with quote

Hi I cant get my hands on an M3 to try currently and have an X50 which does fairly well what I need soundwise at least I just hate the alck of control from the front panel and would think the M3 with the touch screen would be killer. I mainly use some of the X50's sounds like piano/string combis and rhodes string combis in church.
CAn someone give me an idea of how the M3 sounds (especially in these categories comare. If i could even get the same (yes i tweaked them a bit of course) sounds with the xtra control and depth from something like an M3 I would be probably happy.
cheers for your opinions. I assume the X50 userrs different technology to the M3 to produce it sounds but am not rally sure if that makes alot of difference with the basic sounds sets I currently use.
thanks again
XVampireX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The really short time I had with M3 and the piano sounds... amazing, to be honest... just amazing... That's one word to describe it Wink
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XVampireX wrote:
The really short time I had with M3 and the piano sounds... amazing, to be honest... just amazing... That's one word to describe it Wink

cheers i am happy with the X50 sounds apart from accessing stuff. I think the layout is terrible especially in a live situation which is what I always play in. I was concerned though as the M3 seems to have very few sounds in it and was hoping that the sounds i use on the X50 would at least have an equivilent to them. Thing is I cant get access to try the M3 and compare.
actually is there a list of sounds somewhere for both models.. doesnt the x50 actually come with less sounds than the X50 ?

thanks
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XVampireX wrote:

Well thats not my view on the M3's Pianos, For me its the weakest area on teh sound pallette ... but ... i do have a S90es and THAT is an AMAZING Piano sound but it should be at 53mb !!!
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob S

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Korg in the family is probably sufficient with all the different product out there in the world these days. I will say that the X50 is hard to beat at $600 (I have one). The M3 is $2,495 - so you can pile on 3 more X50's for that price. The M3 sounds better than an X50 - but not by $1,800 worth - especially live. Yes, there are more features on the M3 to include KARMA, but you may want to look seriously at the Yamaha S90ES for church. It fits the Church gig pretty well and will work great with the X50 midi'd in running pads under the S90ES's pianos, EP's, etc. Using the Yamaha's Master Mode, you can select sounds on both keyboards simultaneously with one button push. A cool feature, and I think that Korg and Yamaha products sound great together - a nice blend indeed!

Bob
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob S wrote:
One Korg in the family is probably sufficient with all the different product out there in the world these days. I will say that the X50 is hard to beat at $600 (I have one). The M3 is $2,495 - so you can pile on 3 more X50's for that price. The M3 sounds better than an X50 - but not by $1,800 worth - especially live. Yes, there are more features on the M3 to include KARMA, but you may want to look seriously at the Yamaha S90ES for church. It fits the Church gig pretty well and will work great with the X50 midi'd in running pads under the S90ES's pianos, EP's, etc. Using the Yamaha's Master Mode, you can select sounds on both keyboards simultaneously with one button push. A cool feature, and I think that Korg and Yamaha products sound great together - a nice blend indeed!

Bob

we dont seem to get the s90's in New Zealand. Anytime i have been to Aussie that seems a very predominant keyboard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: