Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some things to fix in new OS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anselmi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: some things to fix in new OS Reply with quote

i think that some things couldn´t be hard to implement in the electribes OS, at last they´re things that not requeired hardware modificaction

i know is very naive to think that way because a big manufacturer like korg has time and resources assigned to develop a product and then they move to another project...so is really hard to think they could improve the OS on the electribes

it could be very nice to see companies to make their codes available to third part developers when they decide to stop support users...but that is, of course, not the usual policy

anyway here some things i want to see in a new ESX and EMX OS

SOUND ENGINE (EMX / ESX)

LFO RETRIGGER OPTION
LFO BIPOLAR/UNIPOLAR
ARPEGGIATOR TIME SIGNATURE (FIXED FROM MENU OR VARIABLE FROM SLIDER, AS IN PERCUSSION PARTS)
ARPEGGIATOR PITCH SLIDER FOR PERC PARTS

SHIF + BUTTONS CHANGE SELECTION DIRECTION (UP/DOWN)
SHIFT + LEVEL = FX SEND
SHIFT + EG DECAY = ATTACK

CHORD OSCILLATOR "REALTIME MODE" = YOU SELECT THE CHORD VIA MIDI OR KBD

DISPLAY VALUES IN SEMITONES (AND CENTS) WHEN NEEDED
SELECTABLE "REACH VALUE" MODE FOR KNOBS (AS IN MICROKORG)
REALTIME "MOVE" MODE (CICLE PATTERN) USING SHFT + DIRECTION ARROWS (COULD BE UP/DOWN ONES)
TRANSPOSE RECORD OPTION
REALTIME PATTERN LENGHT VARIATION, WITH AND WITHOUT COPY OF WRITTEN DATA
TRANSPOSE BUTTON OTHER THAN SOLO BUTTON

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESX SOUND ENGINE

SHIFT + SAMPLE START = MOVE WHOLE LOOP ENTERO (KEEPING LENGHT OF THE LOOP)
SHIFT + CUTOFF = FILTER DRIVE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FX

SHIFT + EDIT 1 = DELAY FEEDBACK AND OTHER PARAMETERS IN OTHER FX
SHIFT + EDIT 2 = FX RETURN (TO MIX)
FX ROUTING TO DIFFERENTS OUTS

SEQUENCER EDITION

HOLD A STEP AND PRESS ANOTHER TO COPY A NOTE
HOLD SHIFT + A STEP COPY THE STEP INTO A BUFFER, HOLD SHIFT + ANOTHER PASTE THE BUFFER IN THAT STEP
SHIFT + KNOB/BUTTON FIX KNOB/BUTTON DATA ON THAT STEP (A LA ELEKTRON)
SHIFT + INITIAL STEP + FINAL STEP COPI A RANGE OF STEPS IN A TRACK
SYSTEM

(ESX) AFTER LOADING OR SAVING RETURN TO LOAD OR SAVE MENU
NAME OF ACTUAL SESSION LOADED IN MEMORY
"SAVE 1 PATTERN" CAPABILITY
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

few things, first of all not many korg officials are even on this board, this is an unofficial korg forum.... second, the electribes are OLD they're for the most part discontinued... in fact in the last like 4-5 months the only time I've seen em on store shelves was as used out of the box machines.... third, the electribe community is tiny compared to say korg triton... it's an item that is developed for a VERY specific crowd and that crowd is VERY small. fourth, the only companies will release new software for hardware is if there's a problem with it, if there's some bugs which cause it to function differently then it's supposed to. And finally even if ther is someone here from korg who's listening, agrees they're not gonna be in the power to make a change....

I don't diagree that electribes can be improves tons and tons and tons... but there's no point to waste energy... korg is not gonna relase new features for them even if we start a petition and get a couple dozen people(the ammount of ACTIVE members on this electribe forum) to sign it....

I really don't want to discourage you but it's... well very bluntly put... a total waste of time to dream about these ideas....

Another note, this has also been brought up here many times, and that is unsupported user modification of the boxes........ that is if someone thinks it's necesary to bring this up in this topic which some people might...... the boxes are complex, they are hardware they have several micro controllers in them, they have a specific way all those micro controlelrs talk to each other... each one uses a different development environment with different adresses so on.... to reverse engineer and modify these boxes would take longer and would take more resources then it would to build new ones from scratch without any knowledge of electronics or programming.....

my sudgestion is use them until you get bored of them. they are amazing machines with a ton of sonic possibilities and great music making ablilities...., when you get bored of them turn them into midi controllers for a laptop running a copy of ableton trust me you won't regret this if you can figure out how to use them.... with basic programming skills at one point I basically recreated an electribe with more features WITHIN ableton live...... It's not really difficult programming it's just tideous midi work which takes so long it's not even worth it Wink

I guess the bottom line is use your weapons, and then abuse them... all in all if you can use them to make wicked music then do so... there's no reason not to. If you feel that's not enough, move on.... get a new box, get a new laptop whatever your boat is.... you can always buy a used one for cheaper later(mine are for sale btw Wink)
anselmi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:
few things, first of all not many korg officials are even on this board, this is an unofficial korg forum.... second, the electribes are OLD they're for the most part discontinued... in fact in the last like 4-5 months the only time I've seen em on store shelves was as used out of the box machines.... third, the electribe community is tiny compared to say korg triton... it's an item that is developed for a VERY specific crowd and that crowd is VERY small. fourth, the only companies will release new software for hardware is if there's a problem with it, if there's some bugs which cause it to function differently then it's supposed to. And finally even if ther is someone here from korg who's listening, agrees they're not gonna be in the power to make a change....

I don't diagree that electribes can be improves tons and tons and tons... but there's no point to waste energy... korg is not gonna relase new features for them even if we start a petition and get a couple dozen people(the ammount of ACTIVE members on this electribe forum) to sign it....

I really don't want to discourage you but it's... well very bluntly put... a total waste of time to dream about these ideas....

Another note, this has also been brought up here many times, and that is unsupported user modification of the boxes........ that is if someone thinks it's necesary to bring this up in this topic which some people might...... the boxes are complex, they are hardware they have several micro controllers in them, they have a specific way all those micro controlelrs talk to each other... each one uses a different development environment with different adresses so on.... to reverse engineer and modify these boxes would take longer and would take more resources then it would to build new ones from scratch without any knowledge of electronics or programming.....

my sudgestion is use them until you get bored of them. they are amazing machines with a ton of sonic possibilities and great music making ablilities...., when you get bored of them turn them into midi controllers for a laptop running a copy of ableton trust me you won't regret this if you can figure out how to use them.... with basic programming skills at one point I basically recreated an electribe with more features WITHIN ableton live...... It's not really difficult programming it's just tideous midi work which takes so long it's not even worth it Wink

I guess the bottom line is use your weapons, and then abuse them... all in all if you can use them to make wicked music then do so... there's no reason not to. If you feel that's not enough, move on.... get a new box, get a new laptop whatever your boat is.... you can always buy a used one for cheaper later(mine are for sale btw Wink)

agree with you...just dreaming...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: