Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Channel output on TS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turner24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Midi Channel output on TS? Reply with quote

Hi All,

If I've one TS acting as a MIDI controller hooked up to a sequencer, cubase in my instance, and I'll be playing MIDI back out into the TS on a multi-timbral basis using more than one midi track, what channel should I set the OUTput of the TS to as 'good practice' so that I don't need to keep changing it for every project. Or doesn't it matter, so long as I keep it consistent?

Relatedly, which menu options on the TS do I need to refer to to check which output channel the TS is currently set to?
turner24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: follow on.... Reply with quote

Hello again.

Having read many posts to try and better understand things, I understand that in order to hook the TS to Cubase to record mult-timbral Midi tracks, that:

- I should be working in "sequence mode" on my TS to use it as a multi-timbral synth.
- I need to set up each channel on the triton with the sounds I want and save the song on the triton.
- then I load this song back in every time I open the song in cubase.

Does this sound correct?

Where I am now confused as I lurch from one issue to the other, is where Gch (Global Midi Channel) comes into things. It sort of comes back to my question above really, do I have to set the Gch to a specific channel and if I do why wont this simply 'over-rule' the individual midi channels I have set up in SEQ thereby stping me from playing back the midi mult-timbral parts via the individual midi channels ??? Really confused, sorry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: