Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi Timbral & Midi Channels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turner24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Multi Timbral & Midi Channels Reply with quote

I using Cubase with my TS and have a basic question as very new to this area ......when I'm wanting to play back for example 3 different midi tracks, into my Korg Triton studio to trigger 3 different tones eg. synth, piano and say strings, am I correct in that this can only be done through the Korg Triton studio Combination mode where each Midi track in Cubase is assigned to a midi channel that corresponds to the same channel set for the timbre in the combi program?
ie. I can't trigger 3 separate instruments (Programs) in the Korgs Program mode via 3 different Cubase Midi tracks as you cannot set different Midi channels for each of the 3 instruments.

....or, as is highly likely, I'm confused about what can and cannot be done and how!

What I am wanting to do is standard stuff for midi playback - play a number of midi tracks back concurrently from Cubase, into TS. Whilst I understand the baisics of Midi (vs audio) & the system is hooked up properly, I'm confused about setting up the midi channel aspect between Cubase and the TS for each midi track (each TS sound)
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thats how it is, it is pure LOGIC, in PROGRAM MODE it is only one sound
so you cant have more then 1. That can be done only in COMBI MODE or
in SEQUENCER mode which is even better.
turner24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nedim. So, if I understand you when using Cubase I will need to first create a COMBI or SEQ of the timbres I want to generally use for the song that I'l record in Cubase, assign each timbre a MIDI channel & then assign each Midi track in Cubase the same Channel number as each timbre...??
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the timbres are already assigned to a diff channel if you use SEQ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: