Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHICH ONE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: WHICH ONE? Reply with quote

Hello,
Sadly Sad enough i have not boughten either of the of the Synthesizer packages! And I am just wondering if any1 could tell me, if i was to buy only one, which would be better?
Thanks,

Pura Vida
DJ Cool
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the demo versions of LAC1 and MOD7 you should be able to choose for one which will be the best for you, it's really difficult to choose for you Wink
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to make sure that I understand your question correctly - you are asking whether you should purchase LAC-1 or MOD-7 for example?

If this is indeed your question then it would helpful to know more about your interest in sounds (substractive, additive, etc) and if you like programming.

If your budget is limited and you have AL-1 already then you can cover most of the analog sounds- MOST! MS-20 and Polysix have their own character and the latter is very easy to use and achieving good results is a short process. MS-20 you would get together with Polysix and is capable of very unique sounds... but that is the field of AL-1, too. Those three are playing on the same field.

If you want to have immediate access to a lot of new sounds then MOD-7 could be the right choice. You are getting three banks of programs, not to mention all those (although mostly outdated) DX sounds. Nice side-effect... you will be busy to use its potential for quite a long time... I am hoping for you that you do not have a wife and kids... they will hate MOD-7... [in this case I know what I am talking about]

But let me come back to the most important question - what kind of sounds are you interestred in?

peter
bctines

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds so obvious, but in this case it's really important:
As stated above you've got to know what you want before you can know what to get. Get the demos!

A caveat on the Mod-7 demos: They don't do justice to some of the programs because those evolve and change over varying periods of time. The demo may cut off the full evolution of those programs. But the demos will let you make an informed decision. Get the demos!!

Sounds are so subjective. I can tell you I favor Mod-7 over anything, but chances are pretty good you're taste is different. Get the demos!!!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Maybe you shouldn't buy either, but instead save your money for EXs-3 (Brass and Woodwinds). That's another option too don't forget. As others have rightly said ... totally depends on your needs.

Daz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: