Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got My Hands On Reason 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiotNrrd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Got My Hands On Reason 4 Reply with quote

Although the "official" release date isn't until the 26th, I saw posts on the Props board that Guitar Center was selling the Reason 4 upgrade already. So I gave the local store a call, and indeed found that it was true (and that they were selling it out very quickly). So I asked them to set one aside for me, then rushed down there and picked my copy up.

I've been playing with it for a couple of hours now, and I have to say that the Props came through. VERY nice indeed!

I won't run through all the new features here - info about them is posted on the Propellerheads site. But I will say that while Thor (the new synth) is excellent, I think the module that I really like is the arpeggiator that they FINALLY included. I'm going to get a heck of a lot of use out of that thing.

The new sequencer has a lot of new features that are going to take me a while to learn, although so far the learning curve has been pretty easy to navigate. I was always happy enough with the old sequencer, although I know a lot of people felt it was too simple. Well, they've added a LOT to it - it doesn't look much like the old one at all anymore.

Alright, that's enough for now. Back to my investigations...
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Keep us informed about your findings, likes, dislikes ect. Happy playing!
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!!

I've had a lot of fun playing with reason 2, but I've never checked out reason 3. I'm pretty sure reason is a great product, so this time I think I will give a look to reason 4.

please, keep us posted about your feelings on this new product.

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
RiotNrrd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so far there is nothing I don't like about the new version. Oh, as is usual with new releases, a few buttons here and there have been moved (although, I think, for the right reasons), which has caught me by surprise a couple of times. But that's a pretty piddly complaint.

I've only scratched the surface of what the new features involve. I haven't even touched the expanded sequencer features yet, as I've been spending most of my time previewing the new patches (in which Thor plays a major part) and playing with the arpeggiator (which is better even than I'd hoped for).

There are no issues with Vista at all. I didn't think there would be, but it's nice to find out that I was right.

So... if you don't already have Reason, is it a good purchase? Although the list price is pretty steep, I think that I still say yes - there is practically nothing you can't do with this software, and it sounds excellent. Versions 1 and 2 had some sound issues (people claimed it sounded "thin"). Version 3 fixed that with a complete overhaul of the sound algorithms, and now version 4 has a synthesizer that takes full advantage of that. Thor sounds, to my ears, as full and rich as any of my Native Instruments synths.

If you already have an earlier version, though, it would be practically a crime NOT to upgrade - the upgrade cost is almost nothing in comparison to what you get. If you're already riding the Reason train, then RUN to a music store and get your upgrade ticket punched as soon as you can. There is no better softsynth purchase you can make.
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotNrrd thanks for the review and insights into it. Its good to hear aboit the non issues with vista for a change as several other programs seems to have a terrible time with Vista.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: