Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity vs Extreme vs Triton Studio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgnik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Trinity vs Extreme vs Triton Studio Reply with quote

Hello dudes,

could you please help to decide, which one would be a better choice?
Trinity Version 3 vs Triton Extreme vs Triton Studio...

I am going to use it for Greek music, if this matters and plays a significant role.

How important is the MossBoard? Is it necessary and can be installed in all of this models?

Thank you in advance!
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I love the Trinity, and I would to have my old trinity back as soon as possibile...but having that saied, well, if you have enough money, I would go for the Triton Extreme...
That's because it has a lot of multisamples and so you have a wider variety of sounds.

the MOSS add a synth to your workstation, so a lot of new sound possibility.
maybe it's not necessary for your kind of music, but it should be a great addition to your setup.

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity vs Extreme vs Triton Studio Reply with quote

georgnik wrote:
Hello dudes,

could you please help to decide, which one would be a better choice?
Trinity Version 3 vs Triton Extreme vs Triton Studio...

I am going to use it for Greek music, if this matters and plays a significant role.

How important is the MossBoard? Is it necessary and can be installed in all of this models?

Thank you in advance!

Trinity all the way! specially if you can get your hands on a well taken care of one and if it has the PBS, and MOss boards.. Good luck..oh, and it will cost you less too!!
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahah, great answer Musikman!

We all know your love for the mighty Trinity, but I guess that a loaded Trinity (with at least PBS and MOSS) won't cost too much less than a Triton Extreme...And considering I totally love Trinity, if I'll have to choose between a TE and the Trinity, my choice will be black, not silver Wink

But I don't want to go depply into the eternal debate "Trinity VS Triton": they have their own dinstinctive characters, and I found the Extreme to be more versatile and with a wider sound palette.
Having the opportunity to own 'em all would be great!

Regards

MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it in a nut-shell. The Trinity (with the Moss + PBS) is great and I wont ever be selling it anytime soon as it sounds really smooth, but the Triton Extreme package, at least feature-wise, packs a massive punch in terms of versatility, moreso than the Trinity IMO. You have a much larger PCM multisample ROM, sampling, arpeggiators, extra polyphony (120 notes), plus you can shove in a MOSS board too (recommended!).

However, when it comes to Greek (folk?) music, I couldn't really tell you subjectively. You'd need to look at keyboards that have a set of good acoustic multisamples, not necessarily even a Korg workstation. I hear the Yamaha's (I think their Motif keyboard, you'll have to check this to be sure) tend to get good reviews with regards to the acoustic instrument samples for realism and polish. The Korg stuff often tends to be used for more synthy-type sounds, and a lot of the Hip Hop guys tend to enjoy the Tritons, too.
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diego wrote:
Ahah, great answer Musikman!

We all know your love for the mighty Trinity, but I guess that a loaded Trinity (with at least PBS and MOSS) won't cost too much less than a Triton Extreme...And considering I totally love Trinity, if I'll have to choose between a TE and the Trinity, my choice will be black, not silver Wink

But I don't want to go depply into the eternal debate "Trinity VS Triton": they have their own dinstinctive characters, and I found the Extreme to be more versatile and with a wider sound palette.
Having the opportunity to own 'em all would be great!

Regards

YOu know, last night, I was running late to band rehearsal before the Wednesday Night worship service, and I still went home to pick up my Trinity. Last week I decided to use the church's Triton Pro X and I regreted it. But last night, the whole band noticed the difference when I played the Trinity. They felt like I had Three keyboards on stage. Then again, I think thats why they called it the Trinity.
Seriously, what a difference the Trinity made. The thick strings, pads, oh man. I think for recording the yamahas are really nice because of the acoustic instruments. But you know, for recording I always really would rather do the real instruments, like guitars and nylons, but, for playing live, nothing out there can beat the Trinity Pads and strings. Not even the latest Yamaha Motif XS. I went to guitar center to play it, and it was no where near the pristine sound of the the Trinity pads and strings.

Still the Yamahas are truly awsome boards too, but to get the best of both worlds one must own both. I have not ever played a Triton Extreme. So I cant comment on it. But I can bet it is a monsta too.

Either way, both Yamaha and Korg are truly awsome key makers. Just that I love my Trinity Beyond words. It is the most beautiful board ever made. Not only for the inspiring sounds, but for the looks and feels.

See, a board that appeals to all three senses. LOOKS, SOUNDS< and FEEL, its just gotta be the TRINITY. THREE IN ONE!
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Triton Stuido and Trinity Rack, I like Trinity's sounds much more than Triton's, But if you will buy Trinity Workstation the screen is too slow...
Other than that it's great epecially it looks much more better than Triton..
Unknown Sound

Location: On a small island just off the coast of an island not to far from Antarctica

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like my Trinity over the new M3 I have. There is something special about it. It's like the Trinity has a soul and the M3 is just a box of sounds.
Yes, the M3 has much more features, but I always seem to go back to Trinity!
...and no the Trinity was not my first board.

The only other synth I have owned that I love as much as the Trinity is the Wavestation, it was truly unique.

_US.
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!!

I've owned a Trinity, too...I know what you all are talking about!
The Trinity sound is something we all love, and I'm sure Korg putted into that silver beast some kind of drug which causes a sense of dependancy, because I'll buy my Trinity back as soon as possible, I totally love it!

But Georgnik is talking about buying something new, adding a new keyb to its setup...and at this stage, at least here in Italy, you can buy a Trinity for 750 euros (which is a very high price) and you can buy a TE for 1200 euros, the difference I think worth the extra value you have on the TE.
Once you have a solid workstation with a lot of addings than the Trinity, you can consider to buy a Trinity to add its particular sound flavour...

Regards

MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diego wrote:
Hi guys!!

I've owned a Trinity, too...I know what you all are talking about!
The Trinity sound is something we all love, and I'm sure Korg putted into that silver beast some kind of drug which causes a sense of dependancy, because I'll buy my Trinity back as soon as possible, I totally love it!

But Georgnik is talking about buying something new, adding a new keyb to its setup...and at this stage, at least here in Italy, you can buy a Trinity for 750 euros (which is a very high price) and you can buy a TE for 1200 euros, the difference I think worth the extra value you have on the TE.
Once you have a solid workstation with a lot of addings than the Trinity, you can consider to buy a Trinity to add its particular sound flavour...

Regards

If he is going to play live, then yeah, the TE would be the best too.

But if its just for home recording, then the Trinity is awsome as you can always use FREE softsynths.. There are so many and they are FREE.
I have so many that are so awsome. One of my favorites is Plugsound. I love it. The best Nylon guitar emulator ever. Strings, and pads too. Simply amazing.
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a very good point MusikMan!
I hope georgnick will keep us posted about decisions going on for the new keyb...

regards

MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
georgnik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for all of your posts!

I can not say I am 100% sure what to buy but at least I have now only 3 choices instead of 3 Smile Triton Studio, gone!

When I will have my own workstation, I will let you know my own impression!!!
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

georgnik wrote:
Thanks a lot for all of your posts!

I can not say I am 100% sure what to buy but at least I have now only 3 choices instead of 3 Smile Triton Studio, gone!

When I will have my own workstation, I will let you know my own impression!!!

I saw a fully loaded Trinity V3 with all the options onboard on Ebay, check it out. HOpe it still there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: