Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

check out these styles I made using the Pa1x Pro!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tam Vu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: check out these styles I made using the Pa1x Pro! Reply with quote

stalian87 wrote:
Hey Guys,

just want to say a great thanks to korg for making such a fantastic keyboard.

i've made a style for a song called i guess thats why they call it the blues from elton john, i'm sure you know the song quite well The link below will take you to a website where you can download the mp3 track i recorded straight from the keyboard to my pc.

http://files-upload.com/files/521957/i%20guess%20thats%20why%20they%20call%20it%20the%20blues%202-Mixdown.mp3

if you want a copy of the style then i'll gladly email it to anyone who wants it for free.

95% of the sounds are from the korg itself but the bass drum the lead guitar playing the melody and the crash cymbles are all samples that i've put inside the keyboard myself.

let me know what you think, i would love to hear from you.

thanks

Sal

Hi Sal..

I like your 3 styles very much...Could you send me these 3 style to my email tamkvu@gmail.com...Thanks

TV
stalian87

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: New style for you guys to listen to!! Reply with quote

Hey Peeps,

i've just finished creating another style. it's of a song called Fever.

http://files-upload.com/files/526600/Fever-01.mp3

oh by the way the lead guitar playing the melody is not from the keyboard but from a Kontakt 2 Sample library that i have.

i dont know if i want to share this one just yet as it took me around 22 hours straight to complete it but maybe in the near future i'll distribute it to everyone.

im showing you guys these style because i want everyone to realise that we have the best keyboard on the market yet, and if anyone wants any advice on making styles then im here to help!

Kind regards

sal
Kauser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalian,

Beautiful performance.
You have a great talent. I thoroughly enjoyed the music. You have a command on playing as well as sequencing and mixing (possibly editing too?). Was it all done on Pa1xPro or did you use a PC as well for mixing/editing?

Would you like to share some of the steps in creating these sequences for the benefit of the forum members (Considering the quality of music, I am assuming that you have created MIDI songs using style option). I have done similar work but it does not close to yours.

I am truly impressed,

Sincerely,

Kauser
Pa2xPro, O1WFD
chrisdance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant. I wish I had your skills Sal. I can see Korg employing you as a style programmer. Thanks for sharing your styles.
Regards. Chris.
stalian87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kauser,

all the mixing and editing was done on the pa1x pro which im sure is something you want to hear.

creating the styles is very very time consuming but if you get it right then your in for a treat. now what i usually do when available that is, is find a midi file of the particular song i want to create. load it in to cubase vst not sx as vst is much easier to use for midi. now what i do is obvously start with the intro, so i cut the intro out of the midi file in cubase and save it onto floopy then import it on the pa1x pro in style record mode as an intro variation. now these midi files are far from perfect to just leave and not edit yourself. so i use the pa1xpro editor which i think is great by the way, and edit every single note on every single track until i think the variation is perfect. 99% of the time i add notes myself such as more snare hits or a completely different guitar track and so on. now i forgot to mention a little earlier that in order for you to change chords in the style you have to change every single note of the midi file that you loaded into cubase vst, into one chord so when you change it changes to the chords you want to change to. so for example if a song is in the chord of C then change all other chord changes in the midi song file into C. i hope you can understand this. as i said this is very time consuming and can get quite fustrating, fever took me around 22 hours to complete but look how good it sounds. if you put the time and effort into it, you'll reap the rewards!!

Hope this helps, let me know if you want more help in creating styles, im here to help any way i can.

i hope Korg hear my styles as i want them to know how good their keyboard really is.

Kind regards
stalian87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris anyone can have my skills as long as thier willing to put the time into it.

have you managed to load any of the styles into your keyboard yet?

sal
chrisdance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sal. Yes your styles are loaded into my Korg and I have made STS for them. I took your advice on the sounds for pretty woman.
I do not sing in fact I would be a good singer if it was not for my voice!!!
Thank you for the styles I played this afternoon and enjoyed them. I am getting the music for the Elton style.
Chris.
NikeVille

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stalian87,

I would love to hear your work, but there seems to be a malfunction in the download site. It counts down to 1, stops for several minutes before "download" appears, then goes to "site unavailable" notice. Crying or Very sad

Is this my system, a temporary malfunction, or...?

Best,

Nikeville
BruceG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sal

I have the same problem as Nikeville. Is this a site problem do you know?

Regards
Bruce
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,

there does seem to be a problem with the website. i'll upload all the files somewhere else ASAP.

Regards

Sal
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello again

as promised a new link to all the songs i've posted here so far.

http://www.mediamax.com/stalian/Hosted

Enjoy,

Regards

Sal
Evajon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Styles Reply with quote

Hello sal,
I have listened to Your recordings and I like Your styles very much. You also told us about how You make them together with Cubase. Interesting!
The sounds You use I also find good. 'Sway' I like mostly. (Maybe it is because I like to play Latin myself.)

Without the knowledge about how to make styles I sometimes get stuck, even if I have a lot of ready styles to try in my Pa1xPro.
I´ll be glad if You could send me Your styles. Thanks a lot!!! Very Happy

Will it sound so well in my Pa1xPro too or are your Sounds/percussions making it sound much better? Sounds Good

Kind regards
Eva in Sweden
stalian87

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eva,

the best thing you can do is keep trying to make styles until you perfect it.
i wasnt taught anything in music not even playing the keyboard i am self taught which i think is the best way to go about learning something as you learn at your own pace. now i've had the keyboard since it was first released around 4 years now and i've only learnt how to master creating styles like this very recently. it's not an overnight thing. trust me when i say i had no knowledge of creating styles when i bought the pa1x pro. the only way you learn is by trial and error. saying that, a little guidance wont hurt so if you need any advice let me know and i'll try my best to help you out.

by the way, the sway style was done purely with my keyboard and my ears, no cubase. i would listen to the michael buble track in windows media player, try and figure out every note played by every instrument in the track and record it in style edit mode on the pa1x pro. not an easy task i know but there was no alternative and i was ditermined to create the style. it just goes to show that you dont need anything to help you apart from the pa1x pro itself!

but i have run into a few weird situations in the past though with my styles. i was once playing sway and pretty woman etc with my styles and a few guests at the gig werent convinced that i was playing live. they said i had a cd playing in the background! Lol. Thats called jealousy!!

In terms of loading my styles into your keyboard, they will still sound great, i have only sampled a few percussion intruments such as a bongo or shakers just to give it that edge but i have already had some feedback from other people that i've shared my styles with and they are very happy with the way they sound so i'm sure you'll be happy to.

send me your email address and i'll send them to you.

Regards

Sal
florench

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent sounds very pro Cool Cool
cybermus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Excellent and ... Reply with quote

INCREDIBLE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: