Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maybe now is the time...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a DI-Box is a galvanic disconnector (transformator)

if you´ve plugged your key unsymetric to your mixer and you´r playing sowhere they use dimmer-pacs or something then you´ll have noises on the cable.

a DI-Box disconnets this signal and you´ve a clear signal for your mixer.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/palmer_pli03.htm

cu
Detlef Wink

Last edited by wittid on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ACIM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take a look here, for a rather cheap solution:
http://www.behringer.com/DI4000/index.cfm?lang=eng
Works perfect...
Regards
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PA2XPro is clearly here and I am sure that Korg want (need) to make money from it - that's fair and that's business. I agree with just about all that has been said above. Since the PA2XPro is real, the value of our PA1X's has dropped. Selling the PA1XPro now is going to be devastating in terms of $$. Buying a PA2XPro to replace it is 5 times as devastating - we end up with a similar keyboard, similar sounds, similar styles. Going from PA1XPro to PA2XPro is cost prohibitive for me and totally unjustifiable. BUT, when all said and done the PA2XPro would be an improvement, unlike going from XP to Vista. Wink

Korg leave me no choice now but to look at alternative vendors - oh, and yes, I will NOT sell my PA1XPro, I'll just "add" to it with another arranger. My question now is.. how long do we wait for a "replacement" to the PA1XPro. It took a very long time to get the true replacement to the i30..... (which was the PA1XPro !! )

Maybe Korg will surprise us eh??

Cheers

Pete Twisted Evil
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ACIM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for this, Pete: Vista created a lot of big problems and was and is rather intrusive and ‘controlling the user’… Rolling Eyes Maybe expanding the PA1X Pro with some module like: Sonic Cell of Roland, Ketron module, Motif ES… Just considering that. Selling the PA1X Pro will be undermining that is for sure, but I think solutions will be rising here or maybe and who knows, by Korg? Throwing away the PA1X Pro would be a little 'dishonourable' for yourself,not Shocked ? PA1X Pro still is worth the effort and I still respect my future fossil Razz
Regards,
Pieter
Waver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Korg leave me no choice now but to look at alternative vendors - oh, and yes, I will NOT sell my PA1XPro, I'll just "add" to it with another arranger. My question now is.. how long do we wait for a "replacement" to the PA1XPro. It took a very long time to get the true replacement to the i30..... (which was the PA1XPro !! )

I agree 100% with you and thinking seriously to buy from a different brand. Confused
MadrasGiaguari

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

I cannot follow you in this continuous search of a new instrument,

I still think that PA1X (or Pro, or 800) is far the best keyboard on the market. It will take many years more for me to really learn (= to APPLY on ecery day playng) its unbelievable features.

Are you really familiar with Pads (we all certainly use them EVERY TIME we play a style to add more variatoion on top or insetad of style tracks)? What about Drawbars Hammond Organ (we all use it more than premade organs)? I'm also sure that we all make new styles out of the existing styles (have you ever calculated hou many thousands, yes THOUSANDS, of traks are available to make completely new styles?).

BTW, electronic musician normally complain because the to fast changing the products, wich destroys the value of their gear.
There is space for any aptitude on the market.

I say: welcome to this further version (I would say just Luxurious) of our PA. Or should we all to sign for the death of the best arranger (so far, IMHO) ever made?

Kind regards to all (including PA2X)

Angelo Laughing Laughing
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely. I cant see the need to buy another PA1X (sorry repackaged PA2X) when i am still learning all the great features of the original. Gear lust is an expensive disease and actually limits muscians as they spend far too uch time with their heads in manuals and experimenting with features rather than making better and better music. Why buy a new PA keyboard when almost 90% of the features are the same as the instrument you already own and the majority of those features you still only skimmed the top of ?
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
Well as a matter of fact i dont own just KORG, my MAIN workstation in my
studio is MOTIF XS and wont trade it even for OASYS, not M3, the
WORKSTATION part in my studio KORG is light years behind.
Maybe in the 24th century i'll have a KORG workstation as a main board in
the studio. And dont forget, we talk about ARRANGERS that makes us go
nutz, not something really bigep ,rsonally to me a WORKSTATION is really
a lot bigger deal then an ARRANGER.
And KORG can still never catch up with their own I30 they made back in 1998...
What happened after that??? Somebody killed the engineers?

Nedim,

With all due respect. I respect your opinion. But, it is only YOUR opinion.
Now, I too, owned a Yamaha Motif ES7. Guess what? I sold it, then I bought a Roland Fantom x, and Sold it too.

I then went back to the mother ship of all keyboards, The might KORG TRINITY V3. Now that is a monster synth and still is my number one, even for playing on stage. Are there better ones, you bet, but for me, this is it.

I do love the new PA2x, I do also hope it sells a lot because there are hard working families that depend on a successful outcome of this product. So, please if you give your opinion, it would be helpful to let people know that, that it is only your opinion.
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
pauli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: UNHAPPY Reply with quote

Seems that there are many unhappy people who own Korg boards.....
In the USA we are "free to buy and sell ".
what we arent happy with .I hope that all you unhappy.dissatisfied owners of Korg keyboards are free to sell those awful antiquated instruments too
Then possibly the Korg forum would have less complaints??? and more
happy musicians

play hard and peacefully,
pauli

Kurzweil ,Yamaha,Korg & Hammond player for 32 years
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: