Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logic Studio is out!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Logic Studio is out!! Reply with quote

...and it seems to be pretty damn good Wink

http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/

worth a check!

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/soundlibrary/

remember me something !!!!
Vim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is reasonably cheap as well.

I have been wanting to switch to Sonar on the PC since i have logic platinum 5 as well as logic 6 pro (but can't really use it on a PC).

This may mean that i will need to finally get a mac pro after all and 'invest' into it.

Wonder if Daz has been using it and is salivating as well for Logic 8
ex Marshall Islands
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not using it yet, but will be soon Wink Ordered the upgrade already and it's being overnighted shortly Cool

Not a revolutionary upgrade but a nice package by all accounts ... especially for just $199.

Hopefully will be able to run it in parallel with 7.2, until it proves itself to be stable.

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. I forgot to say ...

I was just thinking how odd it is that yesterday I had no idea what Logic 8 would be, but tomorrow I might actually be running it. Apple certainly play their cards close to their chest Wink
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quality nice !

Check out more screenies from the excellent logicprohelp.com forum

http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=14026&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz wrote:

Hopefully will be able to run it in parallel with 7.2...

Daz.

You can Smile

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306379

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, I just found the Logic 8 manual online :

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Logic_Pro_8_User_Manual.pdf

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New features list :

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/New_Features_in_Logic_Pro_8.pdf
Triton Lounger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on picking it up tommarrow as well...

I wonder if the EW PLAY and RMX stuff will run on it?

Hey Daz, do you plan on installing the whole suite I heard it's something like 40 gigs with all the extras. Shocked

I'm both glad to see it's here finally, and bit sad I bought Logic Pro 7 in April full price.

Oh well at least the price is good for the upgrade. Be looking forward to your thoughts when you get it up and running.

TL
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't install all the content initially, just the apps, because my hard disk on my apps drive is already a little low.

I spent my first few hours with L8 today and I am quite impressed with it. There are lots of nice new touches, and I actually rather like the new UI arrangements. I am a bit disappointed that the audio editor wasn't improved much, and you still have to use an external app for editing. Cubase 4 is way better in this regard. Its great that you get SoundTrack Pro 2 and that it is hooked up as the external editor, but that app is a little flakey. I've been using it since 1.0 and always experienced had it crash regularly. Apple still haven't made it so you can actually configure which audio out SP2 uses, which is not so good for a Pro audio app. Both SP2 and Mainstage crashed shortly after I first tried them, but Logic itself has behaved remarkably. I opened a copy of recording session from the weekend done in LP7, and it all worked fine ... including Waves AUs (shock!).

As I say, I like what I am seeing so far, but none of my wishes that I sent to Emagic/Apple via SOS have been implemented (yet!). All the MIDI inputs are routed into one stream that you then route into the sequencer input in the environment, I would rather it didn't work that way. The configuration for sending MIDI clock is unchanged and very crap in comparison to Lives configuration for the same. MIDI routing and audio editing were high on my agenda. There are plenty of other strong improvements though and you notice them fairly quickly as soon as you starting working with the software.

Funnily, the MIDI instruments don't use the Mac standard patch name list mechanism used by DP and PT, they still use the same Logic mechanism.

I think the key thing for me, is that I feel I will feel more comfortable working in this version than in LP7 and that's worth $199, if you get more done and have more fun doing it.

Daz.
Triton Lounger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to my local AS to get my copy after calling to confirm they had the Pro upgrade, 35 minute drive BTW.....

When I get there the girl brings out the .....the express version. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Guess I'll just order it online.

Good to hear the midi enviro's work the same for the patch libraries. I just got a bunch of korg definitions set up and would hate to lose it all in L8.

I also heard some having are problems getting control sufaces working. He he we're probably reading the same forums huh.

Since April I got L7 and all the of the Martin Stitter Logic dvds and the book. I have alot of time invested in learning Logic 7, even though I knew it would only be a matter of time before the next release of Logic 8.

I hope Apple keeps up the development to include the MIA aspects. It's not a question of can they, but will they. It think so.

Remember what Gibson did to Opcode? Then again... Gibson in the software biz. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the update,
TL
Dr.InnoVation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, just a quick question or two Wink
I have pro tools oo2 rack and have never installed it... Can this run with Logic studio?
Should I need it to?
What the poop am I doing?

....It seems my studio is a mess and I don't know what I should do.
I want to create tracks obviously BUT I come from using CakeWalk 4.0 (lol) and I don't know what to do... Is Pro Tools decent to do midi with or is Logic way more advanced? TIA, sounds noobish I know but I have no clue what I am doing. In my eyes the perfect setup is a Mackie 1604 mixer hooked up all boards and rack modules, using cakewalk... I know this is far from what is ideal so any input would help.....
SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868853
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.InnoVation.Bennicelli wrote:

I have pro tools oo2 rack and have never installed it... Can this run with Logic studio?

Do Digidesign offer CoreAudio drivers for it ? If they do then it will work with Logic.

Quote:
Should I need it to?

You'll need some kind of high quality/low latency audio interface to use Logic effectively.

Quote:
What the poop am I doing?

Indeed Wink It seems a little dramatic switching from a PC to a Mac, Windows to Mac OS X and Cakewalk to Logic ... you'll have quite a learning curve there is you're not already familiar with the Mac environment.

Quote:
I want to create tracks obviously BUT I come from using CakeWalk 4.0 (lol) and I don't know what to do...

Upgrading to the latest and greatest Sonar might be a better way to go.

Quote:
Is Pro Tools decent to do midi with or is Logic way more advanced?

Personally I don't think the MIDI stuff in Logic is that advanced, it's a bit of a mess really. But if you're familiar with using it as I am, you can get what you need done easily. Pro Tools is more audio based, but the MIDI tools are fine from what I have seen. I tend to start work in Live and do all the initial MIDI action in there, it's basic but quick and effective. More advanced, I've come to learn, doesn't always mean you get more done Wink

Quote:
In my eyes the perfect setup is a Mackie 1604 mixer hooked up all boards and rack modules, using cakewalk... I know this is far from what is ideal so any input would help.....

Why is that far from ideal ? I can't imagine why you couldn't get good results from that. I think the only thing that it missing from that setup IMHO is some high quality effects for tracking/mixing. With some decent monitors you should be good to go.

My 2c,

Daz.
Dr.InnoVation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. It's just that whenever I talk anything music some mixer/engineer tells me "you have to have pro tools..."

Why I said my ideal setup isn't all that ideal is because it was put in my head that since pro tools does everything, mixing, mastering etc; it was said that using a mixer creates additional noise...
SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868853
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: