Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What the.... a Moive, mp3, FM Radio Watch.... and more.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: What the.... a Moive, mp3, FM Radio Watch.... and more. Reply with quote

HI all.

Well, would you look at this crazy ass thing

Check out the spec.
http://usb.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=00335&cat_id=035&dept_id=015

How on earth do that fit all that inside for so little money. I would have expected this thing to cost €600 euro.

Regards.
Sharp.
citrus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ace, now all we need is for Korg to release something that size Smile
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh crap... my finger slipped and I just accidentally ordered one Smile
87 Euro for the 4GB edition. Sweet !!!!!!

Still can't believe the price.

Sharp
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing wait wait... as soon as I get my wage... I'll have to tie my fingers so thay can't slipp like yours...
Regards, Lorenzo
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait wait indeed, Lorenzo... next week the 8GB version will ship at half the price. Very Happy

Hey Sharp, you're my kind of guy, man - a gadgeteer with an itchy trigger finger!

CHARGE (it)!
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
knowing my boss I don't think I'll get my wage as soon, so maybe it won't be half a price, but 1/4!
Regards, Lorenzo
chanders

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for some reviews Wink
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chanders wrote:
Waiting for some reviews Wink

Yep... I'll post my findings as soon as it arrives, along with some images.

Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note to say that the watch arrived about a week ago, but I only had the chance to check it out yesterday.

May as well get the bad point out of the way first, which is that the watch is a bit of a brick when sitting on your wrist. I don't mean it's heavy, I just mean that it's rather thick. So, it's not something you will wear all the time. It's more of a leisure / sports watch. I'd wear it chilling out, or going out at night, but not to work or any place like that.

If it where slimmer, I'd ware it all the time. But it would probably need to be half the thickness is it right now.

So... onto the watch.

Screen Quality
The resolution is pretty impressive to be honest. Text is dead easy to read, and the quality of the video is rather good. The screen is probably not as bright as I would expect to see a backlit display, but since this puppy is using OLED technology, I think I could easily overlook the brightness due to the benefits of OLED technology and the length it adds to the battery life.

Battery Life
As a watch, you will probably get a few months out of a single charge if you don't use any of the other features. As an mp3 player with the screen turned on all the time, you will get 9 hours playback. And for watching moves, it will run for an impressive 7 hours thanks to it's OLED screen.

Mp3 Playback.
The headphones that came with the watch are pretty aright actually. Very usable with a respectable level of sound quality. The watch is nice a loud, very loud actually, and the quality of playback is very very good. Sounds as good to me as my Ipod Shuffle. You can do all the obvious things like random play back and so on too. So, as a mp3 player, it does the job perfectly. Also plays WMA files and Wave Files.

Video playback
I extracted a 1GB VOB file off a DVD I had, and 12 minutes later I had converted it using the software provided. Transferring files to the watch is straight forward. You simply connect the USB cable and it pops up on your PC as removable drive, just like a USB Memory Stick would. I had encoded the 1GB on the “normal” quality setting which compressed it down to a 79MB file of rather respectable quality. You could clearly see the compression artefacts, but they where rather acceptable. Encoding on the highest setting gives you crystal clear video. Video playback is extremely smooth, and the sound was as good as any quality mp3 file.

Photo's
Well, it can display them, but I'm really not sure what you would use this feature for. The screen really would be too small to enjoy them.

4GB Memory
Yep, indeed it does and it also behaves no different than a USB memory Stick when you connect the watch to your PC. I've already tried dumping down large files and transferring them back again. NO problems, and this will surly come in hand.

That's all I have explored so far on the watch.
Overall, it was well worth the money, and I will get tons of use from it. It's just not something you will wear daily as a watch. It's more of a leisure / sports item than an everyday item.

Until they manage to make them smaller that is.

Regards.
Sharp.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

Interesting.... what does the .HK stand for?

Did you order in the US?

P.S. Got it...Hong Kong...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: